Question Recommendations for a new tower PC ?

Aug 15, 2024
Hello,

I am in search of a new tower PC with Windows 11 preinstalled. My husband and I are 63 and 70 respectively. We are not gamers but heavy internet users, our documents and pics are not 10000 GB. We have been experiencing multiple signal drop offs via Comcast daily. I don't think this is Comcast related since we don't experience this on my laptop, cell phones and multiple Kindles.

Can you help recommend a new PC tower to fit our needs without being like a weak tablet? I hope that makes sense. I want to drive a Bugatti but I just can't afford one!

Bundles of best Thanks

Mar 27, 2024
I'd say get a Dell, either the Vostro (cheaper) or the Optiplex (more reliable, manageable) depending on your budget. Get the Intel Core-i5, with 16GB of memory. Buy another HDD drive to put into it for your storage, if needed.

Although it must be said too that with Intel processor's troubles recently, you may want to wait until the end of the year to see if Intel truly has fixed the CPU degradation problems.

Aug 15, 2024
Hello,

I am in search of a new PC tower with W11. My husband and I are 63 and 70 respectively. We are not gamers but heavy internet users, our documents and pics are not 10000 GB. We have been experiencing multiple signal drop offs via Comcast daily. I don't think this is Comcast related since we don't experience this on my laptop, cell phones and multiple kindles.

Can you help recommend a new PC tower to fit our needs without being like a weak tablet? I hope that makes sense. I want to drive the Bugatti, i just can't afford

Bundles of best Thanks
Thank you, this gives me more to think on

Aug 15, 2024
Why tower? Also better avoid Intel 13th/14th gen CPU now.
https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-com...ps-list-includes-core-i5-i7-and-i9-processors

If HP mini tower
https://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-Desktop-Reader-Windows/dp/B0C8P55863?th=1

Chinese mini pc on Amazon will be much cheaper, but it depends on whether OP will trust the quality and support from the vendor.
Ergonomics is a big thing with our main computer desk set up. Laptop not so ergo friendly in that set up and we like a bigger screen. I'll look at the mini towers but bulk isn't an issue for us. Thank you

Mar 27, 2024
Ergonomics is a big thing with our main computer desk set up. Laptop not so ergo friendly in that set up and we like a bigger screen. I'll look at the mini towers but bulk isn't an issue for us. Thank you
I personally use a mini-PC, in fact the Dell Optiplex series, but I need my machine to be portable as well, just not as much as a laptop. Without the requirement, I would have either gotten a mini tower, or a full tower. It's more expandable, has more ports, and I feel still more self-serviceable as well.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran