Question Recommendations for an everyday mouse?

Sep 4, 2024
I am looking forward to buying a new mouse recently, something for work and typical use. I don't game much so I won't need a gaming mouse, though I need a mouse that is wired. Anything around the 50 dollar range would be fine. Thanks.

Ralston18

Titan
You have a budget - good. And stated requirements - also good.

Take some time to go visit a few stores etc. where you can physically see, handlle, and otherwise look at various mice. Some mice will feel good. Other mice will be feel dreadfully cheap....

And, if possible, try as many working mice as possible via family, friends, work, etc..

Very likely that there will be at least one or two mice that you really like and that feel comfortable when you use them.

Next step is to look for reviews regarding those mice. Also go to the manufacturer's website in search of the end user documentation, FAQs (if any), and driver information. Read all carefully. Look for what is said but also look for what is not said.

The reviews may mention other mice that you may then be able to consider as well.

And I would be remiss if I did not ask about "why wired". Wireless generally works very well - there can be problems but some problems may be easily resolved. Something as simple as using a USB extension cable in lieu of connecting the wireless mouse dongle directly into some backside I/O USB port. Or even the case frontside for that matter.

Have to recommend a gaming mouse when not gaming because of their rock-solid construction and durability, currently a good deal on the Roccat Kone Pro for $25, or the Burst Pro for $27 - either one has a very durable scroll wheel and optical switches for the buttons that can go for ~100k clicks.

On a personal note I have lost faith in non-optical switches for at least the main L/R buttons on mice overall due to companies using cheap chinese switches that fail well before their time.