[SOLVED] Recommended GPU for a Ryzen 5 3600

DAG93

Reputable
Feb 23, 2020
Hey guys how is it going! I was thinking of building a desktop for gaming and some editing. I've been out of the PC world for about 5 years and the video card market seems pretty saturated compared to what it was use to back when. The Ryzen 5 3600 seems like the best bang for buck right now. I'm only playing on a 1080p freesync monitor currently (probably wouldn't be upgrading for a few years). Typically I like to play at Max settings or close to it. What would be a good card to help me future proof this machine as well as not bottleneck the CPU? Does ATI have any cards coming down the pipeline? Thanks everyone!

Solution
Honestly to say that I'm going to play just one specific genre wouldn't be very helpful. some of the more demanding games that I would probably be playing would be open world games or maybe even MMO. The for fresh rate of my monitor is 144hz and I don't want to say anything really dipping below fps.

With an rtx 2070 144hz wouldn't be a problem @1080p high/ultra settings. There are games like metro exodus that a 2080 can barely even run at 144 fps at maxed out settings..

But on most games I guess a rtx 2070 super fits pretty well for you.

Or you can go with an rtx 2060 super which is just a bit slower and dip your settings with a good mixture of mid/high/ultra settings.

The Ryzen 5 3600 could even run a 2080 with no...

DAG93

Reputable
Feb 23, 2020
Full system specs(including make and model of the PSU)? Budget? There hasn't been an ATI card for years, AMD dropped the name shortly after buying them.
I figured I would just pick a PSU based off the system requirements once I decided on a graphics card. I was thinking the X570 Mobo and about a 650 watt Corsair psu

DAG93

Reputable
Feb 23, 2020
What video card you should get would depend on the games you're playing, the FreeSync Range of your monitor, and, what frame rate you actually want to maintain.
Honestly to say that I'm going to play just one specific genre wouldn't be very helpful. some of the more demanding games that I would probably be playing would be open world games or maybe even MMO. The for fresh rate of my monitor is 144hz and I don't want to say anything really dipping below fps.

geckovic02

Reputable
Jan 21, 2019

With an rtx 2070 144hz wouldn't be a problem @1080p high/ultra settings. There are games like metro exodus that a 2080 can barely even run at 144 fps at maxed out settings..

But on most games I guess a rtx 2070 super fits pretty well for you.

Or you can go with an rtx 2060 super which is just a bit slower and dip your settings with a good mixture of mid/high/ultra settings.

The Ryzen 5 3600 could even run a 2080 with no problems, so for the ultimate 144hz experience you can go with a rtx 2080.

What games are you playing? You can find many benchmarks on google and youtube and see what would fit you the most.

Solution