Mar 5, 2024
I believe at some point, I deleted many folders of pictures that I didn't want to delete (namely all of my pictures from undergrad). I know that sometimes, you can use a data extraction tool and as long as the sectors haven't been over-written, they can be recovered. The problem is that I have since upgraded my phone. BUT, I did choose to have the data from my old phone transferred to my new phone. Is it worth running a data extraction on my new phone to see if that data transferred over? Or does it only transfer data associated with files that haven't been deleted, meaning any hope of recovering the pictures are gone forever? Thanks!

kanewolf

Titan
I believe at some point, I deleted many folders of pictures that I didn't want to delete (namely all of my pictures from undergrad). I know that sometimes, you can use a data extraction tool and as long as the sectors haven't been over-written, they can be recovered. The problem is that I have since upgraded my phone. BUT, I did choose to have the data from my old phone transferred to my new phone. Is it worth running a data extraction on my new phone to see if that data transferred over? Or does it only transfer data associated with files that haven't been deleted, meaning any hope of recovering the pictures are gone forever? Thanks!
It only transfers non-deleted data. Your photos are gone, IMO.