Question +Recovering Series x

Sep 21, 2021
i am just wondering if any of you guys know, if you are able to recover a series x ssd. Not showing up in series x.
I have posted on ms, but havent had any luck. Just wondering if any one from here has come across the problem.

Sep 21, 2021
With how new the series x is, your best bet might be seeing if you can get the warranty to replace it.
Sorry i should have made it clear. These where external ssd attached via usb 3 to sata, and also the same thing in a caddy as well.

Basically each 1 tb drive has stop being recognized. I have had to take them out and put them into windows. To see them in disk managemnt to reformat them. Taking ages to reformat. I left one on over night, and still hadnt finished till later.Had second one on, and its not even a third completed and its been about 5 hours

Sep 21, 2021
Not even a 3rd completed at 5 hours is definitely not right (that's roughly when it should be done). How are you connecting them to the computer? Using the same USB to SATA cable or a SATA to SATA connection?
It eventually completed. I left on for god knows how long. It must have been over a day. I have connected them via usb. As its a laptop and i dont have direct access to sata connection. So its a sata to usb connection

Could it be to do with when i open disk management, and i connect the usb to sata interface to the ssd. That i am not chosing the right option. I have had a pop up with 'You must intize the disk. So I selected gpt, as i knew mbr is the norm for most pc related hsrd disk. That seem to work straight away.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021
I seem to got in working faster now. When i went to format the other drives, it gave me to options, which i cant remember what abbreivation was. But it was to do with the bootsector. I assume i never selected it, and that is why it took so long