Scott

I just installed Recovery Console. When I run it, it
gets to the point where it asks for an Administrator
Password. I am the only person using this PC. There is
only one account on this PC and I am the Administrator
and I DON'T use a password. The Recovery Console
directions say if the password is blank that I should hit
ENTER to continue, but it won't continue. It asks 3
times for the password, and says its an invalid password
each time and then reboots. I finally tried creating an
Administrator Password and it still won't accept it or
continue on to Recovery Console. Can anybody help me?
Please email me at scott83838@aol.com if possible.

"Scott" <scott83838@aol.com> wrote:

>I just installed Recovery Console. When I run it, it
>gets to the point where it asks for an Administrator
>Password. I am the only person using this PC. There is
>only one account on this PC and I am the Administrator
>and I DON'T use a password. The Recovery Console
>directions say if the password is blank that I should hit
>ENTER to continue, but it won't continue. It asks 3
>times for the password, and says its an invalid password
>each time and then reboots.

See "'The Password Is Not Valid' Error Message Appears When You Log On
to Recovery Console in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308402).

--
(tm)