First, specs:
Windows 11
Gigabyte Gaming X AX B650
7800X3D
Zotac RTX 4080
Corsair RM850x
2 M.2s and 1 SATA SSD
G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB (2x16GB)
I've been having an issue for about a month since I built this PC. I found that under very specific circumstances, the PC would fail to boot and be stuck with the DRAM LED on until I pressed the power button and turned it off and back on manually. My rear exhaust fan will also stop spinning, but the rest of the fans will continue to spin. The specific circumstance is this: If I go 12+ hours without turning it on two days in a row, it will happen. For example, I tried new ram, which I put in the system this past Friday evening. The PC was off for 12 hours, started it on Saturday with no issues. Left it off for 13 hours, started it on sunday, wouldn't boot. The thing is, once the system boots, there are absolutely 0 problems at all. Runs all games fine, no overheating, no BSODs, handles stress tests fine, everything is great. Here's what I've done so far in terms of troubleshooting:
  1. Reduced OC from 6000 MHz to 5600 MHz (still occurred)
  2. Reseated RAM (still occurred)
  3. Tested memory with memtest, which passed. These initial tests were done with this RAM, which is not on the QVL. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BPHRGLSH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
  4. Reverted back to a non-beta bios version (FB). Running at 5600 MHz on the beta bios I was originally on was still causing the issue. Reverting to this bios (FB) made the issue go away for about two weeks, but it came back eventually. It might be worth noting that in this case, it didn't follow the aforementioned behavior; I left the PC off for about 4-5 hours while I was at work, came back, turned it on and it happened again.
  5. I've now gotten my new RAM that is on the QVL (the ram listed above in the specs), updated to Gigabyte's newest BIOS, which is the non-beta version of the bios I was on originally (I was originally on FCd, I am now on FC which came out 5 days ago.) I let the RAM run at EXPO 6000 MHz. Yesterday morning, I started it up and it was stuck on the DRAM LED again. However, this time, it wouldn't boot even after restarting it 3 times. I had to clear CMOS for it to even boot.
  6. I had the system running with up to date BIOS and no overclocking AT ALL and the issue happened again today. Slight variation though, it only took one period of 12+ hours and it repeated. This time, however, I let the system sit for about 10 minutes or so to see if it was maybe just some strange RAM training issue, no luck. Also, I didn't have to clear CMOS this time around, a simple restart solved the problem. At this point I've reverted to the non-beta bios since it seemed to be the most stable for me.
This has been a massive annoyance for over a month at this point. The worst part is that it's difficult to troubleshoot because the issue isn't easily replicated; I seem to have to wait 48 hours to see if it repeats. I have an outstanding ticket with Gigabyte, and have been in contact with them about this previously, and I got "remove OC and make sure you're using RAM on the QVL, check CPU pins, test one RAM slot at a time" etc etc. My understanding is that if I had a bent CPU pin, I wouldn't be able to run my PC, which I am. In the same vein, if there were issues with my DIMM slots, I'd imagine that I'd be having more issues once my PC boots, which I don't. I'm at the point where I'm considering buying a new mobo all together, which Gigabyte obviously won't tell me to do and I don't want to be without a motherboard throughout the RMA process. Any insight at all would be massively appreciated, I'm at my wit's end here. I'm not sure if this is a BIOS issue, a CPU issue, a bad mobo, PSU, or whatever else it could possibly be.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

updated to Gigabyte's newest BIOS, which is the non-beta version of the bios
I'd update the BIOS to the latest there is, without any regard for a Beta version or no. Speaking of version, I had to narrow down the PCB version for your motherboard.

PCB version 1.3 is the only one with BIOS versions with alphabets. FA1A is the latter which you should update to. Once you've verified that the BIOS was flashed successfully, clear the CMOS by removing the battery for 30 mins, then replace and power the platform back up.

Nov 13, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

updated to Gigabyte's newest BIOS, which is the non-beta version of the bios
I'd update the BIOS to the latest there is, without any regard for a Beta version or no. Speaking of version, I had to narrow down the PCB version for your motherboard.

PCB version 1.3 is the only one with BIOS versions with alphabets. FA1A is the latter which you should update to. Once you've verified that the BIOS was flashed successfully, clear the CMOS by removing the battery for 30 mins, then replace and power the platform back up.
Thanks for the quick reply! I've only ever cleared CMOS once, and I only removed it for 5 minutes and that seemed to do the trick. Is there a specific reason you recommend removing it for 30 minutes?

Edit: Flashed BIOS, removed CMOS for 30 minutes as you suggested, system powers up fine. Now the frustrating part where I have to wait potentially days/weeks to see if the problem persists. I'll update if shows up again OR if I beat my previous record of 2 weeks without issue.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2023
Hey, I am having a similar issue but rather when I try to initialise into windows the pc hangs and returns to bios loading screen (the gigabyte logo screen).
Have you had any luck with the update of the bios

Nov 13, 2023
Hey, I am having a similar issue but rather when I try to initialise into windows the pc hangs and returns to bios loading screen (the gigabyte logo screen).
Have you had any luck with the update of the bios
Nope, happened on all bios revisions and also happened with a different mobo, specifically an aorus elite ax. No solution found yet :(

Nov 29, 2023
I wonder if it’s more a gigabyte combatability issue, i’ve tried different PSUS,RAMs but haven’t tried a different CPU or GPU because the issue still happens without a gpu. For me the issue subsides for about 2 hours before suddenly coming back. I have:
7800X3D
B650 GAMING AX X
GIGABYTE GAMING OC 4090
Corsair RM1000e
1 M.2
1 SATA SSD
1 HDD (Seagate compute barracuda)
Corsair Vengeance Black 16x2 5600MT/s CL36

Feb 4, 2024
Had same problem, solved it by turning off power unit for 2 minutes.
If it doesnt work try to remove the battery from the motherboard for 30 minutes

Jul 8, 2024
Hi
I have the same issue
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Patriot 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MHz CL36 VIPER VENOM
Silver Monkey X SNOWY BLACKOUT 240 2x120 mm
Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX
Corsair 1TB M.2 2230 PCIe Gen4 NVMe MP600

My computer simple does not restart by itself with two sticks of RAM in it. There are all stock settings loaded with Windows 11 onboard. All drivers are up to date.
It all seems to be all right with one stick, but It does not satisfy me :)
If I shut down the system and power off the PSU, wait a moment and boot up manually it start up just fine with two sticks and the system is running 100% ok. I do not OC CPU or RAM.
I have no clue what to do. The platform is assembled by myself and I maybe I overlooked something while completing the hardware? The PSU is from my previous pc, it's Corsair 600W. Might it be just too low power unit for this setup?

The RAM power voltages are 1,100V