recycle bin

have tried repairing the recycle bin using the tweek from kelly's corner,
but i still can't empty the bin can somebody please help

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:55:49 -0000, "Bob Ingram"
<ROBERT@ingram3750.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>have tried repairing the recycle bin using the tweek from kelly's corner,
>but i still can't empty the bin can somebody please help

I'm also having trouble with my Recycle Bin but no one seems to have a
solution or wants to help. I've tried searching Google with no luck.

Bob Ingram wrote:
> have tried repairing the recycle bin using the tweek from kelly's corner,
> but i still can't empty the bin can somebody please help

Hi;

First, right-click the Recycle Bin (RB hereafter) icon on the Desktop and
select Properties. On the Global tab select the option to configure each
drive independently. You may need to reboot for this to take effect, and if
you dual/multi boot you need to make that same selection for each OS you
have installed.

Next, log in with an Admin-level account if you aren't using one already.
Open My Computer, then your C: drive (or whichever one has XP on it) and
double-click to open the Recycled folder. It is a Hidden/System folder so
you will need to have those options enabled under Folder Options. Elect to
show the files in Details mode. If you see a list of items there, try
deleting them one at a time. If one or more refuse to be deleted note the
location of those files; if any of them are on other drives being used by
another OS you will need to delete them from a boot into that OS.

If none of that works boot into Safe Mode and delete the files in the
Recycle folder. Or if your drive is FAT32 boot with a startup floppy and
use the "deltree" or "rd" commands to remove the Recycled folder completely;
then boot back to normal XP.

HTH

--

....Sky

================

"I'm also having trouble with my Recycle Bin but no one seems to have a
solution or wants to help. I've tried searching Google with no luck."

This is not Microsoft support. This is a public newsgroup, run completely by
volunteers. Could be nobody knows the answer to your questuion. Or someone
who knows may not be reading this newsgroup.

It would help if you posted a cogent question.

"Making Good Newsgroup Posts"
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
--
Ted Zieglar

teresa3480@cs.com wrote:
> I'm also having trouble with my Recycle Bin but no one seems to have a
> solution or wants to help.

Bull droppings!

You received help here on 30 November in another thread dealing with the
Recycle Bin. Don't fib; and no need to toss out insults. It doesn't help
you get answers any more quickly, and can often stop people from wanting to
help.

--

....Sky

================

Ted Zieglar wrote:

> This is not Microsoft support. ....

Actually, if you check the support options pages for most MS products, you
will find that the MS public newsgroups are indeed a part (often a large
part) of the support for those products. Here:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=3221&

and here:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&c1=509&prid=3518&gprid=185522

as just two examples. Note the newsgroup reference in the lower left corner
on both of those. And not only are these peer to peer support newsgroups,
but "real" MS folks do actually post in these from time-to-time.

--

....Sky

================

I liked that show also. I saw Sky King live at a little circus in my home
town. He put on a shooting show with a revolver. I even got his autograph.
I must of been about 10 or 11. Wonder what ever happened to that autograph.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%23kiSIq%231EHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Ted Zieglar <teddyz@notmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> Never been intentionally OT in this group, but there's a first time
> for everything: When I was a kid (long ago) my favorite television
> show was called 'Sky King'. Would that be where you got your nickname?
> --
> Ted Zieglar
>

> "Sky King" <skyking@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> teresa3480@cs.com wrote:
>>> I'm also having trouble with my Recycle Bin but no one seems to
>>> have a solution or wants to help.
>>
>> Bull droppings!
>>
>> You received help here on 30 November in another thread dealing with
>> the Recycle Bin. Don't fib; and no need to toss out insults. It
>> doesn't help you get answers any more quickly, and can often stop
>> people from wanting to help.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ...Sky
>>
>> ================

The reference in Microsoft's web site does not make this Microsoft support.
It's a public newsgroup.
--

> Ted Zieglar wrote:
> >
> > This is not Microsoft support. ....
>
> Actually, if you check the support options pages for most MS products, you
> will find that the MS public newsgroups are indeed a part (often a large
> part) of the support for those products. Here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&c1=509&gprid=3221&
>
> and here:

http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&c1=509&prid=3518&gprid=185522

> as just two examples. Note the newsgroup reference in the lower left
corner
> on both of those. And not only are these peer to peer support newsgroups,
> but "real" MS folks do actually post in these from time-to-time.
>
> --
>
> ...Sky
>
> ================

Hi

Try a System Restore back to a point before the problem started.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

On 01/12/2004 Bob Ingram wrote:

> have tried repairing the recycle bin using the tweek from kelly's
> corner, but i still can't empty the bin can somebody please help

Does it not empty or is it that the icon is incorrect when it is
emptied?

If it is the latter you can usually fix it by deleting a spare file
(copy one to delete), then emptying the recycle bin. This usually flips
the icon back to what it should be.

--
Jeff Gaines Damerham Hampshire UK

Ted Zieglar wrote:
> The reference in Microsoft's web site does not make this Microsoft
> support. It's a public newsgroup.

It is a public newsgroup originating from MS servers (msnews.microsoft.com
for NNTP), used by MS as part of their software support plan. While these
newsgroups may be echoed on other external servers, they still originate
from Microsoft, and Microsoft manages/controls them.

--

....Sky

================

Ted Zieglar wrote:
> Never been intentionally OT in this group, but there's a first time for
> everything: When I was a kid (long ago) my favorite television show was
> called 'Sky King'. Would that be where you got your nickname?

Yep, sure is. My last name is King, and I acquired the nickname when flying
for Uncle Sam some years ago. It stuck. <G>

--

....Sky

================

Sky, you're a good guy so I'm not going to argue with you. I've pasted (in
part) the disclaimer included by Microsoft when it includes newsgroup posts
in its knowledge base (caps are from Microsoft)::

MICROSOFT CORPORATION AND/OR ITS RESPECTIVE SUPPLIERS MAKE NO
REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, OR ACCURACY OF THE
INFORMATION AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED HEREIN. ALL SUCH INFORMATION AND
RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND...YOU
SPECIFICALLY AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE
LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES etc. etc.

--

In article <OFtL38#1EHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, 123WVogel955
@comcast.net says...
> I liked that show also. I saw Sky King live at a little circus in my home
> town. He put on a shooting show with a revolver. I even got his autograph.
> I must of been about 10 or 11. Wonder what ever happened to that autograph.

I have been using the handle Sky King for a long time now...who is this
imposter?:)

"Out of the clear blue of the western sky comes...Sky King!"

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/freeper/
--
Ted Zieglar

Sky King wrote:

> I have been using the handle Sky King for a long time now...who is this
> imposter?:)

LOL! Well, I've been using it since about 1980. And I'm sure there are
more of us out there. :)

--

....Sky

================

Neato! <LOL>

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%23WLUqeI2EHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Ted Zieglar <teddyz@notmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> "Out of the clear blue of the western sky comes...Sky King!"
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/mi/freeper/
> --
> Ted Zieglar
>

> "Sky King" <melaughing@home.net> wrote in message
>> In article <OFtL38#1EHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, 123WVogel955
>> @comcast.net says...
>>> I liked that show also. I saw Sky King live at a little circus in
>>> my home town. He put on a shooting show with a revolver. I even
>>> got his autograph. I must of been about 10 or 11. Wonder what ever
>>> happened to that autograph.
>>>

>> I have been using the handle Sky King for a long time now...who is
>> this imposter?:)

In article <OlatDhI2EHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, skyking@mvps.org
says...
> Sky King wrote:
> >>
> > I have been using the handle Sky King for a long time now...who is this
> > imposter?:)
>
> LOL! Well, I've been using it since about 1980. And I'm sure there are
> more of us out there. :)

True...I have been using it since I first started on the net..which was
at the beginning. Someone should switch to Penny.:)

I have the answer. This will work just install a small program called clean
disk security. You don't need the full version of it.
"Bob Ingram" <ROBERT@ingram3750.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> have tried repairing the recycle bin using the tweek from kelly's corner,
> but i still can't empty the bin can somebody please help

I have the answer. This will work just install a small program called clean
disk security. You don't need the full version of it. I guess i'm the only
person in existence with the answer. It will work.