Question Red CPU LED blinking on mobo

Sep 4, 2021
Hello, and thank you in advance.

Two days ago I added a new graphic card to my setup, a RX580. It was working fine

Yesterday, I was playing CSGO and just left my desk for a few minutes. When i came back, the PC was restarting in a loop every half second. the mother board is showing the red CPU light flashing. I tried to remove everything and i was able to start the computer without the graphics card. I then shut down the computer to plug in the GPU. I was able to log in and see the desktop for a few minutes before the computer shuts down and goes into that same loop. I must have replugged almost everything 3 times; waited few hours

I noticed that whatever i try, the computer will not start after the moment this bug happens, but after a few hours untouched, i am able to boot it (i turned the computer on this morning, and the problem came back after a few minutes running)

CPU: i7-7700
RAM: corsair vengeance 8gb
Motherboard: H110M pro-d
GPU: AMD RX580
Storage: 1TB SSHD + 1TB SSD

Thanks again for your help =

Sep 4, 2021
No, it still does not boot after i remove the gpu. Once, i got the VGA light on, and after i connected the monitor, it booted for a few minutes before shutting down again

Now when i start the power, the PC start for half a second, the fans start spinning, CPU Ez debug LED turn on, and it loops until i turn the power switch off

No, it still does not boot after i remove the gpu. Once, i got the VGA light on, and after i connected the monitor, it booted for a few minutes before shutting down again

Now when i start the power, the PC start for half a second, the fans start spinning, CPU Ez debug LED turn on, and it loops until i turn the power switch off
If using xmp turn it off and test.
If no help unplug from the wall...remove the bios bat...go to the store and buy a new one....press and hold the power button for 20 secs....install new bat...test.

Sep 4, 2021
Oh isee.. I just turned XMP on the other day. But i cannot go into BIOS, does it mean the CMOS battery is dead ? Okay i'm going to get another one now and try

Sep 4, 2021
How do you remove the bat then go to the store and buy a new bat then come back and replace the bat in 18 mins?

PC was already open, i just took the battery to the shop (which is nearby) and asked for a replacement. it costed 2,5 £ .

I am waiting now 20 mins to try again. Thanks for the advice

Sep 4, 2021
Yes you're correct. I have the cpu and ram only connected at the moment.

After a few tests, i have a solid red light when I unplug the cpu. Otherwise it reboots every half second.

Yes you're correct. I have the cpu and ram only connected at the moment.

After a few tests, i have a solid red light when I unplug the cpu. Otherwise it reboots every half second.
Move the mobo onto a piece of cardboard.
All you want connected is psu/mobo/cpu-hsf/one stick of ram.
Quick short the power pins on the mobo.
If it still does the power cycling your down to 4 parts.

Sep 4, 2021
Hello,
Thank you for your advices. Now that i did that, it no longer reboots in cycle. I have a solid red CPU light when i turn the pc on, which might mean that the problem comes from the cpu!

I did not mention it but as i was changing the thermal paste last week, i broke off one of the 4 pins of the cpu heatsink (similar to the one on the picture below) but it should not be a problem as it's holding fairly with the three others
shopping

I will replace this pin and retry, before getting a new cpu.
Thanks again.

Sep 4, 2021
Tried a new cpu with a new heat sink, didn’t work. I also got a new motherboard to see if my old one is faulty but it still did not work.
Do you have any idea ? (No post- red light on mobo )