Question (Red Dead Redemption 2) GPU Usage drops to 10-30% for 1-2 seconds when I enter certain areas and lasts until I leave.

Jun 7, 2021
I saw another thread addressing this issue but it's archived and no one found a solution. Playing on 1440p in a Ryzen 7 3700X paired with a 6800 XT 32 gigs of RAM @ 3200 MHz. Also, I gotta clarify that this isn't a typical micro stutter where the game freezes for half a second. Instead, my FPS can drop from 80-90 FPS to 15-30 FPS for 1 or 2 seconds. I don't have the slightest idea why this is happening. I know for a fact that it isn't thermal throttling as my GPU and CPU temps are lower than 65C with my GPU junction temps sitting at less than 84C (tt starts at 110C for my card).

This happens while I'm in certain towns such as Rhodes, Valentine and even Emerald Ranch and very rarely in the open world in general, but it's mostly noticeable in Saint Denis as it happens every minute or so. Game runs smoothly with Vulkan (although I sometimes experience some audio crackling issues), I've tried DX12 and it not only does not fix the issue but it also adds even more stuttering everywhere.

I've been dealing with this for a month now and I would really appreciate any help given that could solve this issue. If you need me to provide more information just let me know, thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, make sure that you're on the latest BIOS version for your motherboard. Then manually reinstall any and/or all chipset drivers for your platform. Then download the latest drivers for your GPU from AMD's support site. Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, reboot, then reinstall said GPU drivers using previously downloaded driver in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Jun 7, 2021
I have done all that. Everything is up to date and I even installed the last chipset driver that came out like a week ago... None of it solved my issue. Ran a memory diagnostic and no errors.

Vaibhav_Rai@

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
I have done all that. Everything is up to date and I even installed the last chipset driver that came out like a week ago... None of it solved my issue. Ran a memory diagnostic and no errors.
Make sure the windows is up to date and if it still occurs try reinstalling the game, if then also the problem remains then try reaching the customer support of the studios or AMD the must be having a solution to the problem.

Jul 28, 2021
I saw another thread addressing this issue but it's archived and no one found a solution. Playing on 1440p in a Ryzen 7 3700X paired with a 6800 XT 32 gigs of RAM @ 3200 MHz. Also, I gotta clarify that this isn't a typical micro stutter where the game freezes for half a second. Instead, my FPS can drop from 80-90 FPS to 15-30 FPS for 1 or 2 seconds. I don't have the slightest idea why this is happening. I know for a fact that it isn't thermal throttling as my GPU and CPU temps are lower than 65C with my GPU junction temps sitting at less than 84C (tt starts at 110C for my card).

This happens while I'm in certain towns such as Rhodes, Valentine and even Emerald Ranch and very rarely in the open world in general, but it's mostly noticeable in Saint Denis as it happens every minute or so. Game runs smoothly with Vulkan (although I sometimes experience some audio crackling issues), I've tried DX12 and it not only does not fix the issue but it also adds even more stuttering everywhere.

I've been dealing with this for a month now and I would really appreciate any help given that could solve this issue. If you need me to provide more information just let me know, thanks.

I have the exact same problem ..
Could u find a solution?