[SOLVED] Red Dead Redemption 2 online long loading times (almost 2-3 minutes)

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
I get that SSD is a must for gaming nowadays however simply I cannot go outside especially now and I stuck with a 7200 rpm harddisk, is there any "hidden" tricks or tips to reduce loading times in RDR2 Online? It is way too long for me even Division 2 loaded faster than this before, GTA Online also somewhat loads faster than RDR2O and all games are on my harddisk, its same hdd, what makes this one have to load for so long? smart values are ok for this hdd,

Any ideas?

Solution
There are no hidden tricks to improve loading times. Ultimately it relies on, how quickly data can move between your storage, your RAM, and your CPU and then how well your internet can facilitate downloading and uploading of data to get you online.

The only way you can really improve this is by cleaning up and defragmenting your current storage drive (for minimal - perhaps negligible- gains), keeping its storage capacity below 80%, or get an SSD as this massively speeds up the data transfer process.
I get that SSD is a must for gaming nowadays however simply I cannot go outside especially now and I stuck with a 7200 rpm harddisk, is there any "hidden" tricks or tips to reduce loading times in RDR2 Online? It is way too long for me even Division 2 loaded faster than this before, GTA Online also somewhat loads faster than RDR2O and all games are on my harddisk, its same hdd, what makes this one have to load for so long? smart values are ok for this hdd,

Any ideas?
What are the rest of your specs? Your HDD is only a part of the.. Well, puzzle.
And can you not order anything online?

I own a 4core Intel CPU and a 4GB graphics card, with Windows 10, 16gigs of physical memory, it is a desktop computer. Sadly no I cannot order anything online.
I'm thinking a 4 core cpu and a 1060 iirc (you mentioned in another forum) is not gonna be good for gaming.
The card is fine but I'm pretty sure your cpu is bottlenecking. What CPU is it? Can you hit your windows key, type "dxdiag" and hit enter.
Then CTRL+Shift+S and grab a screen shot of the full specs?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
There are no hidden tricks to improve loading times. Ultimately it relies on, how quickly data can move between your storage, your RAM, and your CPU and then how well your internet can facilitate downloading and uploading of data to get you online.

The only way you can really improve this is by cleaning up and defragmenting your current storage drive (for minimal - perhaps negligible- gains), keeping its storage capacity below 80%, or get an SSD as this massively speeds up the data transfer process.

Solution

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019

Thank you, I will try to defrag my harddisks instead, did not do that since long time.