Question Red Dead Redemption 2 unknown error ffffffff and crashes ?

Reniro

Prominent
Sep 18, 2020
Hi, two days ago rdr2 started to crash after a 20-30 minutes of playing, this has not happened before. I tried to reinstall the game and drivers, but nothing. In other games I haven't this problem. Hope someone of you can help me.
My specs:

GPU: Nvidia gigabyte rtx 2060 super gaming oc

CPU: Intel Core i5 9600k

RAM: 16 GB DDR4

Last edited:

ak195

Distinguished
Are drivers up to date?
Test it in Offline mode.
May be some program running in your system is causing conflict like program that record video, screenshots, fps etc.
Remove any additional external devices
Some threads are saying that "voicemeter" is causing issue, note this too.

Reniro

Prominent
Sep 18, 2020
Are drivers up to date?
Test it in Offline mode.
May be some program running in your system is causing conflict like program that record video, screenshots, fps etc.
Remove any additional external devices
Some threads are saying that "voicemeter" is causing issue, note this too.
I played with Shadowplay fps counter and medal recording app. Yesterday I turned off the both and played all day without crashes, but today the game started to crash again even without fps counter and recording app

Last edited:

ak195

Distinguished
I played with Shadowplay fps counter and medal recording app. Yesterday I turned off the both and played all day without crashes, but today the game started to crash again even without fps counter and recording app
is there any service shadowPlay or recordingApp running? if it is, then close them too. Don't let them start at windows startUp

Reniro

Prominent
Sep 18, 2020
is there any service shadowPlay or recordingApp running? if it is, then close them too. Don't let them start at windows startUp
I closed recording app, antivirus, shadow play fps counter too, but in any case game is crashing or show me "unknown error ffffff". Mb it's because of the last game's update?

Last edited: