Question Red Light after updating BIOS ?

Setiyok

Prominent
Nov 10, 2022
Hi there. Just created this account to ask this.
I have a ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING and was using it with Ryzen 1200 it worked perfectly, and I was trying to update to the latest BIOS using EZ flash, and while the progress is running, I had to go to the toilet and when I was back, the pc is turned off.
And when I tried to turn back on, the CPU RED LIGHT is always on.
The reason I updated the BIOS is I was going to swap to ryzen 3100.
So I swap the 1200 with 3100 hoping it would work, but it got ORANGE DRAM LIGHT always on.
I have no idea what is wrong.
Now neither the 1200 and 3100 is working at all.
Can't enter BIOS at all.
I have tried removing CMOS like a minute but it still the same.

Any idea what went wrong?
How to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Do you recall what version of the BIOS you had installed BEFORE you attempted to update it?

Setiyok

Prominent
Nov 10, 2022
Do you recall what version of the BIOS you had installed BEFORE you attempted to update it?

Unfortunatelly no I don't remember at all.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Unfortunatelly no I don't remember at all.
I only asked because some of the older AM4 motherboards needed BIOS updates to be installed in a particular order. I don't see any such notes for your particular motherboard, but was curious to see how big a jump you made.

When you attempted to reset the motherboard BIOS (by removing the battery), did you also remove all power sources from the PC (power cable, video cable, and powered speakers) AND press the power button to discharge any residual power stored in the system while the battery was out?

Setiyok

Prominent
Nov 10, 2022
I only asked because some of the older AM4 motherboards needed BIOS updates to be installed in a particular order. I don't see any such notes for your particular motherboard, but was curious to see how big a jump you made.

When you attempted to reset the motherboard BIOS (by removing the battery), did you also remove all power sources from the PC (power cable, video cable, and powered speakers) AND press the power button to discharge any residual power stored in the system while the battery was out?
I think it is pretty big of a jump.
I was thinking that the latest bios is containing all the below version updates so I don't really know much about it.

Yes, all the power is off, the power cable is pluged out.