[SOLVED] Reference GTX 1070 new for $270, worth it?

Mar 5, 2020
Recently I came across a retailer in a local mall where they are selling reference GTX 1070s new, for $270. They are the same ones as the Founders Edition, but only without the box nor official warranty. The retailer said those were HP OEM cards that were originally for branded desktops, but were sold there instead as overstocks since HP didn't need them anymore. Other than having no warranty, I must say I am rather attracted to the deal.

I am currently running a GTX 960 4GB and i7 3770 (non-K) and looking for an upgrade to replace the 960 for better 1080p gaming performance. Is a new 1070 $270 justifiable and worth the risk of no warranty? For a bit more or less money I am also eyeing on a GTX 1660 Super and RX 5600 XT, do you think I should go for these instead?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hell no. That's overpriced. The gpu's almost 4 years old - at launch, the retail price was 380USD.
To go and buy an almost 4 year old gpu for what amounts to a 29% discount? Screw that. It should be closer to 150USD!

Definitely go for one of the other 2 gpus instead.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Hell no. That's overpriced. The gpu's almost 4 years old - at launch, the retail price was 380USD.
To go and buy an almost 4 year old gpu for what amounts to a 29% discount? Screw that. It should be closer to 150USD!

Definitely go for one of the other 2 gpus instead.

Solution