refresh stuck at 60 Hz on Radeon 7500

G

Well... after trading my Geforce 2 MX 400 for a Radeon 7500 because the TV out didnt work correctly, I run into yet another problem :p.

My problem is that when I change my refresh of my monitor to anything over 60Hz, it still has the visual "flickering". It reports on the monitor tab that it has changed, but int he ATI settings, it still reports 60Hz. Any suggestions?

Oh.. I do have all the latest drivers for both the graphics card and the monitor.

jflongo

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
I have a very nice 19" monitor, the Viewsonic PS790. I get better refresh rates, when I select Plug and Play Monitor, over the Viewsonic PS790 Monitor option. Just an fyi, you may want to try the play and play one, if you have that option and aren't using it. Hope I don't have that backwards ;-)

Also, the latest drivers are October. For 2000 at least.

Windows 2000 Display Drivers
Recommended Driver - 5.13.01.3276
Posted October 15, 2001

you can check yours for sure here, if you don't have 2000

http://support.ati.com/issuetype/driverdirect.html?parent=0&folder=69&doc=54

<i> If you buy a pre-packaged pc, shame on you </i> :wink:

G

Im running Windows XP... Would a downgrade to 2000 help any?

AEboy128

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
Under the display properties go to settings click on advanced. Go to the monitor tab then uncheck hide modes this monitor can't display then just change the refresh rate and click apply.

Tom's Hardware Tested... Buyer Approved!!

G

its unchecked, but greyed out. I can select what I want to goto (85 Hz), but when I look in my ATI settings thing, it still reads 60Hz. However, if I go anything below 60Hz, it reads that fine.

Im wondering if its because TV-out is enabled? (I've tried disableing and disconnecting it, but even then, windows says there are 2 monitors attached)