Refurb CPU Purchase Advice Needed

Nov 26, 2018
I bought a 27" curved monitor that I needed for business only to find that I need an HDMI port which my current CPU does not have. When looking at refurbished CPUs w/ an HDMI port, there appears to be about a $100 difference between a CPU w/8GB ram, a processor speed around 3GHz w/ intel core i5 (these are selling for around $200) and the same CPU w/ intel core i7( these are selling for around $300). Is going from i5 to i7 worth the extra $100?

Ralston18

Titan
CPU is the Central Processing Unit: i.e., the brain of the computer.

Monitors are connected either to the motherboard hosting the CPU or to a GPU (graphics card) being hosted by the motherboard.

Can you provide a link to the subject "refurbished CPU". Just to clarify the hardware involved.

And add the make and model of the products for which you are seeking advice.

Nov 26, 2018

Nov 26, 2018
By CPU, I mean the box, as to say that part of a system that is not the keyboard, monitor or mouse. The monitor I purchased comes w/ a power cord and an HDMI cord.

Ralston18

Titan
I think you are looking for somewhere on the computer "box" in which to plug in the monitor's HDMI cable - is that correct?

That port could be on the motherboard or GPU. However, if you do not have an HDMI port then an adapter may be needed.

Please use the following link to identify the component in question.

https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000997.htm

Or find another image that you can post to help clarify. Thanks.

Nov 26, 2018
Affirmative on the plug in location.
s-l1600.jpg