[SOLVED] Refusing to install and Blue Screen of Death over and over [rtwlanu.sys]?

ahmedsalmanbajwa

Reputable
May 5, 2018
To exactly explain my situation, heres what happened

1- january,my gpu dies...Windows begins experiencing issues
2- Next day, windows constantly gives BSOD, no matter what I do. Opening a game? BSOD. Opening notepad? BSOD

3- I clean the PC after two months of no use. Same BSOD
4- I figure out the error was rtwlanu, and delete the drivers. Everthing works!
5- I reninstall drivers (new) as I have to use wireless internet connections. Next Day same BSOD over and over. And this time it wouldn't even let me in, Right after the windows loading screen BSOD! had to use safe mode to fix it

6- I decide to reinstall windows so I formatted every drive, over and over. Everything was going well until the PC restarted and the windows loading screen came up...it was getting to the setting up phase and wallah! BSOD. Same error, Rtwlanu.

It restarted and now keeps giving me the error that Windows has encountered an error preventing installation, it will restart...over and over. Safe mode doesn't help as windows can't install in safe mode (tried it).
I don't even have my data anymore, no Os...just the blue screen
Need help urgently

Solution
SO you are clean installing and adapter isn't in PC and you still getting same BSOD? that doesn't make any sense. Your Dell, if it did have the wifi card, would have a Intel one (I looked). So how?

If it wasn't the same file every time, I would suggest checking ram sticks.

The adapter is AC, it should work with win 10, although there are chances the driver is just a relabelled WIn 7 driver, the newest on realtek website is 2018 - https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8811au-software

ahmedsalmanbajwa

Reputable
May 5, 2018
does it appear if you unplug the wlan adapter?

Which adapter model is it?

What other hardware is inside the PC?
-Yes
-https://www.alfa.com.tw/products_detail/6.htm
-Well, All thats left inside is my 1Tb hard drive, 8 gigs of ram and the processor, core i5 4570. The PC itself is a Dell Optiplex 9020 Tower

As far as I know its this Windows acting out, I plugged the device into my Laptop (It too has Windows 10), same drivers and stuff and nothing happened to it, restart+shutdowns and all

Colif

Win 11 Master
SO you are clean installing and adapter isn't in PC and you still getting same BSOD? that doesn't make any sense. Your Dell, if it did have the wifi card, would have a Intel one (I looked). So how?

The adapter is AC, it should work with win 10, although there are chances the driver is just a relabelled WIn 7 driver, the newest on realtek website is 2018 - https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/rtl8811au-software

Solution

ahmedsalmanbajwa

Reputable
May 5, 2018
Thats

why I gave up asking the questions, Neither is the adapter there, I formatted all of my three drives and yet the same error persisted. For right now I did a good old trick that seems to work for a few months before failing (usually by updating windows). Install windows in another partition and hope it works.

ahmedsalmanbajwa

Reputable
May 5, 2018
update the BIOS to the latest version

How do you install windows?
update the BIOS to the latest version

How do you install windows?
Bios is updated, Windows is installed via CD.
Installed drivers a moment ago and restarted windows...everything seems to be working, for now. Errors came on with that one update and my gpu dying, soo idk if I should Update windows or not.