Question Reinstalling Window

Jul 29, 2024
I was trying to remove all my files and reinstall windows on my old laptop so I could give it to my young neice. I replaced the battery and the power cable because neither worked anymore. It started up fine and then all of a sudden shut off, I think might have actually pulled out the cord from the adaptor by mistake. I plugged everything back in again, it started up but went directly to a screen that says it’s attempting to repair windows and then states that it can’t repair windows. When I try to reset it to factory state it states that there was a problem with resetting. I’ve selected system image recovery now but don’t have a recovery disc or usb. This is an HP G72 laptop and I have the sticker on it with the product key. It was running windows 10 but was originally installed with Windows 7 Home Premium OA. I know very little about all this, could someone help me get this up and running again.

Thank you.

*I do have another laptop if a usb can be used to download a system image.

USAFRet

Titan
If it had been upgraded to Win 10, you just need to do a new Win 10 install.

Thusly:

Jul 29, 2024
Thank you, I’ll try. Since I can’t get on Windows at all, #1-6 can’t be done so I just proceed to the download and move through the rest of the steps?