Reistry Mechanic or JV16?

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

Trying to decide between these two programs to keep my new XP Pro
machine clean and lean and running fast :)

TIA

Louise

Fitz

Been running RegCleaner from JV16 for a couple years on 4 XP machines. Its
been reliable and most importantly, has never removed a registry entry that
adversely affected the computer.

Fitz

I've used RegSupreme for a couple of months now and I like it. It's the
registry cleaning section of Macecraft's JV16. I'm going to download JV16
for a 30 day trial. That's the way to go, try it free for 30 days. Then
decide ;-)

FRH

"Louise" <none@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Trying to decide between these two programs to keep my new XP Pro
> machine clean and lean and running fast :)
>
> TIA
>
> Louise

groove

Frank Hagan said this...

> I've used RegSupreme for a couple of months now and I like it. It's the
> registry cleaning section of Macecraft's JV16. I'm going to download JV16
> for a 30 day trial. That's the way to go, try it free for 30 days. Then
> decide ;-)

I've used various versions of JV16 as Jouni developed it. It's a splendid
tool and definitely my recommendation.
--
º~ dªv¡d ~º

In news:Xns94C0A1238A737d4v1d@194.168.222.121,
Groove <grooove@FRAGmyrealbox.com> typed:

> I've used various versions of JV16 as Jouni developed it. It's a
> splendid tool and definitely my recommendation.

This free, for personal use, registry cleaner is really rated highly, as it
does a great job, and is not too aggressive as some programs that can delete
useful entries...can't remember where I read about the tests, but it was
tied with Jouni's program in reliability...this was before he sold it to
Macecraft. (Can understand him selling, as he's only a student and needed
money) Try this one, it's got a lot of features and is free and I guarantee
that you will like it. It's called "RegSeeker" and can be found here, has no
installer, and is considered a beta, but I've used it for over two years and
never had not one problem on Win98 machine, or WinXP Pro:
http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

....Allen

"Frank Hagan" <SickOfSpam@F**kOff.com> honoured alt.comp.hardware.pc-
homebuilt on Sat 03 Apr 2004 03:12:17p with

> I've used RegSupreme for a couple of months now and I like it. It's the
> registry cleaning section of Macecraft's JV16. I'm going to download JV16
> for a 30 day trial. That's the way to go, try it free for 30 days. Then
> decide ;-)

Go to pricelessware.org and follow the links for the last freeware version of
jv16.

Thanks! Will give it a try.

FRH