Remotely Access Control Panel

Hi,

I am a network manager, and I need to access users control panels remotely
to remove unauthorised software. I do not want the user to know I am doing
this, so remote access tools are not an option.
I have tried running the control.exe from their mapped c drive, but it opens
my own!
I cannot add an mmc snap in and sms will only uninstall with specific
uninstall files. I have hundreds of applications to remove.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Sinéad

Normally, you should be "locking: down the possibility of installing
applications with a group policy for normal user accounts. You will only
allow "administrator" the possibility of installing programs. This way you
do not have this problem.

"Sinéad Reynolds" <SinadReynolds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am a network manager, and I need to access users control panels remotely
> to remove unauthorised software. I do not want the user to know I am doing
> this, so remote access tools are not an option.
> I have tried running the control.exe from their mapped c drive, but it
> opens
> my own!
> I cannot add an mmc snap in and sms will only uninstall with specific
> uninstall files. I have hundreds of applications to remove.
> Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Regards,
>
> Sinéad

That's fair enpugh, but the reality is that I DO have this problem and would
like to know how I can remotely access the control panel!