[SOLVED] Remove the write protection or use another disk

Solution
Files may be used by some process thus impossible to delete. If you have open other files on mentioned USB drive, close them before deleting. Also some shell extensions may not close files directly after file property retrieving. Try to unmount/eject and replug mentioned USB drive before file manipulation. If system warn you that drive is still used, reboot the system.

Ralston18

Titan
What "disk"?

More information needed.

As I understand your post you are working with a disk that is both write protected and possibly "read protected" without some password.

Are you being prompted for some password or access code?

Last edited:

veeljko23

Reputable
May 24, 2020
What "disk"?

More information needed.

As I understand your post you are working with a disk that is both write protected and possibly "read protected" without some password.

Are you being prompted for some
its usb i transfered movie to it normal torrent one and when i tried to add some other files to usb it said that

Files may be used by some process thus impossible to delete. If you have open other files on mentioned USB drive, close them before deleting. Also some shell extensions may not close files directly after file property retrieving. Try to unmount/eject and replug mentioned USB drive before file manipulation. If system warn you that drive is still used, reboot the system.

Solution