Question Removed and added same ram now pc does not boot up

Jul 31, 2023
Hey all I have a H3m01 H mother board
Recently i wanted to buy a 4GB ram stick to upgrade my speed.
I couldn't get hold of the ram type so I had to open up the pc on doing so I cut of the power supply and carefully removed the ram checked it's version and reinstalled the ram stick into the next slot and plugged the pc then turned it on, but there was no display on the monitor and other peripherals didn't light up. The fans work but the pc won't boot up.

At first the pc would just turn on and nothing happened so I changed the ram back into its old slot. Now the pc would turn on and off repeatedly. I then went online found some solves and then applied them. The solves are given below:

• Changing ram slot
• Cleaning ram slot
• Removing CMOS battery
• removing power supply , pressing the power button for 15 sec ,removing CMOS battery ,changing ram slot ,add battery again, connecting power supply and turning on.

After a while the number of turning on and off decreased and finally it came to only about 2 or 3 times which happens a bit rarely.

I've read some blogs which said the motherboard could have died. I currently have no ideas to test this as this motherboard does not have a led light, nor does it give any beeps anymore. A single long beep does happen when turning on and a red light appears on the glass on the case. But now no red light or beep . The only thing that lights up is the optical disk reader whose light goes off after a second and doesn't open or work.

Not sure if this helps but the pc is nearly 4-3 years old. I haven't cleaned it in a while due to which there is a lot of dust. There is enough dust to the level that there is some sticking to the board but it doesn't look like it hinders or is on any component.

I'm not tech savvy but I do have some knowledge . So please give a easier to understand solution and the possible cause to the problem.
Note: I removed all other devices connected to the pc after the second ram slot change and the psu does not have an on or off button and even if there is I cannot see it or touch it. The pc belongs to a company called iball and is pre made not custom.The ram type is ddr4 and is not damaged in any way I can see. The ram is a Crucial Basics 4GB DDR4-2400 UDIMM

Hey all I have a H3m01 H mother board
Recently i wanted to buy a 4GB ram stick to upgrade my speed.
I couldn't get hold of the ram type so I had to open up the pc on doing so I cut of the power supply and carefully removed the ram checked it's version and reinstalled the ram stick into the next slot and plugged the pc then turned it on, but there was no display on the monitor and other peripherals didn't light up. The fans work but the pc won't boot up.

At first the pc would just turn on and nothing happened so I changed the ram back into its old slot. Now the pc would turn on and off repeatedly. I then went online found some solves and then applied them. The solves are given below:

• Changing ram slot
• Cleaning ram slot
• Removing CMOS battery
• removing power supply , pressing the power button for 15 sec ,removing CMOS battery ,changing ram slot ,add battery again, connecting power supply and turning on.

After a while the number of turning on and off decreased and finally it came to only about 2 or 3 times which happens a bit rarely.

I've read some blogs which said the motherboard could have died. I currently have no ideas to test this as this motherboard does not have a led light, nor does it give any beeps anymore. A single long beep does happen when turning on and a red light appears on the glass on the case. But now no red light or beep . The only thing that lights up is the optical disk reader whose light goes off after a second and doesn't open or work.

Not sure if this helps but the pc is nearly 4-3 years old. I haven't cleaned it in a while due to which there is a lot of dust. There is enough dust to the level that there is some sticking to the board but it doesn't look like it hinders or is on any component.

I'm not tech savvy but I do have some knowledge . So please give a easier to understand solution and the possible cause to the problem.
Note: I removed all other devices connected to the pc after the second ram slot change and the psu does not have an on or off button and even if there is I cannot see it or touch it. The pc belongs to a company called iball and is pre made not custom.The ram type is ddr4 and is not damaged in any way I can see. The ram is a Crucial Basics 4GB DDR4-2400 UDIMM
Perhaps clean the pins on the ram stick....test.
If no help replace the bios bat....test.