Question Removing GPU from motherboard?

Jul 12, 2019
Hello! So I have bought a GTX 1060 OC to replace my current GTX 1050. I've looked up on the internet and it says it's simillar to remove the RAM however I can't figure it out. My motherboard is an A320 PRO VD/S. This is my first PC, hence asking this question. thank you

It looks like there is a small piece on the back of the PCIe slot that locks the card down. You will need to push down on the tab at the back of the slot and then lift up. Also you will need to make sure that the front of the card has the set screw removed from it that secures it to the case.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The bracket likely needs to be unscrewed from the case, unless it uses a proprietary locking mechanism. Either way, you need to ensure this piece is not secured:

YcvFmRh.jpg

Then you'd lower the tab on the motherboard that locks the GPU in place, and lift the card straight up.

hbL92yc.png

Jul 12, 2019
The bracket likely needs to be unscrewed from the case, unless it uses a proprietary locking mechanism. Either way, you need to ensure this piece is not secured:

YcvFmRh.jpg

Then you'd lower the tab on the motherboard that locks the GPU in place, and lift the card straight up.

hbL92yc.png
thanks to both of you