Question Removing RAM with PSU on

Feb 12, 2019
I was having memory bsod issues with my new computer and decided to test each stick of ram. The idiot that I am, I disabled windows 10 quick start function and shut the computer down but I forgot to power down my psu or unplug the computer. I proceeded to remove sticks of ram and then realized that I had not unplugged the computer or turned off the psu. There weren't any visible lights on the motherboard either so it didn't even cross my mind that it was still receiving power. I understand that the motherboard still receives some power(mz370-A msi in my case) from the psu but I was curious if any of that standby power has anything to do with the ram slots and if I have possibly damaged the motherboard or ram in any way. I haven't had any problems yet with either the motherboard or ram and memtest 86 scans came up with nothing in regard to either my memory problems which somehow just disappeared (maybe an update I guess) or the human error on my part. I was grounded, in contact with the computer, and humidity in my area is typically high so I doubt there would be any problems related to static discharge. But yea, any thoughts on things I should watch out for or damage I might have caused are welcome.

Feb 12, 2019
Memory management bsod and pfn list corrupt and the module pointed to was typically ntoskrnl.exe although sometimes it would point to a random application that was running like chrome, steam, or whatever game I was playing at the time. Weirdly enough, it stopped happening after removing and reinserting the ram. I mean there was an update after the last bsod before I messed with the ram so I assumed that had something to do with the errors stopping rather than me moving the ram around. I was actually gonna post a question about that on here but the bsods stopped. It could re occur but its been some weeks since then and the bsods were happening every 3 to 7 days so I'm not sure. At this point I'm more worried about me causing possibly more issues by improperly removing the ram with the power supply still on and connected but like I said nothing has shown up yet I just wanted a more experienced opinion if something could have happened that might not rear its head until later. Specs are
MSI z370-A pro
i9-9900K 3.6GHz octa core
rtx 2080
64 gb ddr4 ram
1000 watt 80 plus gold psu
corsair hydro h60
2tb hdd and 250 gb ssd

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I've done exactly what you did more than once - forgetting to completely turn off power before removing and reinserting RAM sticks. Never caused any problem. Any damage caused by your lapse should have shown up by now.