Removing Side Rails For Painting???

Hi Guys,

What have you found is the easiest and least damaging way to remove
side rails from your older pins in order to prep for repainting?

I know some of you just paint around the side rails, but I would like
to remove mine in order to repaint the entire cabinet.

I actually have several cabinets that will be repainted. These are late
'70s and early '80s Ballys.

Thanks so much!
Tim

It's pretty amazing what you can find when you remember to google, lol.

Sorry for the duplicate question.

Tim

I use needle nose pliers, small nail head pullers, shim stock wood to
lever against and anything handy that works. Some damage around the
nailheads is going to happen, I use auto body hammers and dowels to
reform any significant damage.

K2

I use a puddy knife to get under metal, then I use a small pair of vice
grips and grab the nail inbetween the teeth and twist to left
(counterclockwise) to remove nail. Im able to save all twist nails;
buffem up and good to go...

I'm all for thrift and saving, but I find some of the edges twist a little
bit so I do the same but spend the $3 on new nails.

GRY

"Grojohn" <carniello@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I use a puddy knife to get under metal, then I use a small pair of vice
> grips and grab the nail inbetween the teeth and twist to left
> (counterclockwise) to remove nail. Im able to save all twist nails;
> buffem up and good to go...

TRENDING THREADS