[SOLVED] Renewed PC issue.

May 20, 2022
I bought this used PC desktop from Amazon Renewed. It has a 90 day warranty. And tech support.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08BJDFZRF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Initially I had a pretty bad lag problem. Where the computer would slow down. And the mouse would not respond correctly for maybe 15 to 20 seconds.

I had done windows update. And gotten advice to use the Dell update software. Which is like windows update. Except for Dell bios and other core software items on Dell pcs. I ran that and it updated alot. Seemed to correct the issue.

But I still get lag on some websites occassionally. When they start to load it lags. The cursor slows down and stops responding correctly. But only for a few seconds. Then the site loads. And everything is ok.

Could this be a video card problem? Or onboard graphics i should say? Do I need a video card? I do have two open pcie slots one 1x and one 16x. But I have a hard time believing that a PC with these specs would have a problem like that.

Should I exchange it? Any other solutions? I do have tech support on this item. I guess I should call them first. I'm only a couple weeks into my 90 day warranty. But if I'm going to exchange it I'd rather do it before I spend a ton of time on set up and customization.

Lastly, i could reformat. But would like some more solid advice before wasting any time on that process.

Solution
Lastly, i could reformat. But would like some more solid advice before wasting any time on that process.
That is where I would start.
A full wipe and reinstall of Win 10.

USAFRet

Titan
That is where I would start.
A full wipe and reinstall of Win 10.

Solution