Question Repasting a 2080 Ti

Sep 12, 2024
So I noticed relatively high temps on my 2080 Ti, seemed to be sitting around 82-83c while playing modded Lethal Company. (shouldn't be that graphically demanding of a game..)

I initially tried repasting my card, however, I ran into a problem. I was unscrewing 3 bolts around the the section that was holding the heatsink against the chip, but the last bolt had an icon was on it representing "no screwdriver", and I couldn't unscrew it. I am not sure how I'm supposed to get the last bolt out, because that's what was holding the heatsink in place so I had no way of getting to the chip. (the screws I unbolted had little springs on them)

Thanks for any advice.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I think you're referring to the warranty void sticker. At this point of time, you're well beyond the warranty period for the RTX2080Ti. You should be good to take that screw off. You might want to pass on images of what you're dealing with alongside the exact make and model of your GPU for resemblance.

We've run into too many people who misinterpreted what was said and things went Sought very fast.