Replace Chipset Fan Now or later on A8NE?

mort

I'm planning on getting the A8NE but read so about it's noisy
northbridge fan or it failing altogether. Should I just go ahead and
take the stock hsf off and replace it with the Zalman ZM-NB47J and use
passive cooling from the get-go?

"mort" <mort_2day@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm planning on getting the A8NE but read so about it's noisy northbridge
> fan or it failing altogether. Should I just go ahead and take the stock
> hsf off and replace it with the Zalman ZM-NB47J and use passive cooling
> from the get-go?

If you have adequate airflow in the case, I would replace it now (much
easier to do before you install mb). If you want, you can rig a 80mm slow
speed fan attached to drive cage (zip ties, foam, etc) to blow some air on
it. You an turn most 12V fans into a low speed fan by connected it to the 5V
leads from the Molex, but check to make sure that it starts OK at 5V.