[SOLVED] replaced 20yr old CRT monitor

Mar 28, 2020
Hello i replaced a 22 yr old 14inch CRT monitor with a HP Elite Display 24inch. Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution. The old CRT wouldnt turn on any longer. But this modern day Elite Display monitor seems worse all round. CRT the text was so clear no blurring when scrolling web pages. I thought monitor technology had moved on in 20 years but seems not. What monitor need to get for no blurring when scrolling web pages sharp images and text just basic web browsing no games. This HP Elite is a let down.

Solution
The only 24" elitedisplay that came up on google was 1920x1200 so make sure the res is set to native res. Maybe you just got lucky with a bad one but hp isn't exactly known for good monitors. Even a 24" 1080p monitor a fraction of the price of that won't blur. Check in the settings for some kind of overdrive setting.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello i replaced a 22 yr old 14inch CRT monitor with a HP Elite Display 24inch. Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolution. The old CRT wouldnt turn on any longer. But this modern day Elite Display monitor seems worse all round. CRT the text was so clear no blurring when scrolling web pages. I thought monitor technology had moved on in 20 years but seems not. What monitor need to get for no blurring when scrolling web pages sharp images and text just basic web browsing no games. This HP Elite is a let down.
How are you connecting to this new display ? VGA?
What video card or integrated GPU are you using ?

The only 24" elitedisplay that came up on google was 1920x1200 so make sure the res is set to native res. Maybe you just got lucky with a bad one but hp isn't exactly known for good monitors. Even a 24" 1080p monitor a fraction of the price of that won't blur. Check in the settings for some kind of overdrive setting.

Solution
Mar 28, 2020
im connecting with VGA cabl into graphic card. . The graphics card has a VGA adaptor to convert a DVI to VGA. But i could also connect into graphic card mini HDMi to HDMI. Graphic card is Nvidea GT750 proberly about 10 years old.

kanewolf

Titan
im connecting with VGA cabl into graphic card. . The graphics card has a VGA adaptor to convert a DVI to VGA. But i could also connect into graphic card mini HDMi to HDMI. Graphic card is Nvidea GT750 proberly about 10 years old.
I agree with the above. The 24 inch that is currently available is a 1900x1200 not 1900x1080. You might be limited to 1080 with VGA. You need to switch to HDMI to get a digital connection between your PC and the monitor. That should allow it to run at 1900x1200. See if that fixes your problem.

Can you give us the model number of the monitor? That will allow us to verify the native resolution.

kanewolf

Titan
ahh actually its 27 inch HP EliteDisplay E273 27" Full HD Monitor
https://www.ebuyer.com/815851-hp-elitedisplay-e273-27-full-hd-monitor-1fh50at-abu
and just check resolution again it is current set at 1920 x 1080(recommended) wont go any higher. I have the HDMi mini cable on order might come in couple weeks. Hopefully that resolve.
That monitor IS 1900x1080 (unlike the 24 inch you originally stated). I think the VGA change will make a big difference. Right now you have to go through two conversions (digital to analog on the video card and back to digital on the monitor). That hurts resolution.

TRENDING THREADS