Question Replaced RAM and PC is struggling to boot properly

Apr 6, 2022
I replaced my Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz 2x8GB kit with OLOY B-21 Raider 3200mhz 2x8GB kit because I was told it was a better kit and was given to me for free. They are both DDR4 and I checked XMP profiles and DDR4-3200 was selected by default with the new kit. DRAM voltage set at 1.35V. For some reason, my PC struggles to boot with this kit though. The first 2 reboots did not work (had to shut down completely to boot successfully) and then after it just couldn't get past the BIOS splash screen anymore and kept bootlooping so I reinstalled my old kit and the everything was fine. Did I just get a defective kit? My friend got it in a bundle and gave it to me so it's brand new.

Specs:

Mobo: Asrock B450m Pro4
CPU: R5 3600
GPU: RTX 3070ti

I replaced my Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz 2x8GB kit with OLOY B-21 Raider 3200mhz 2x8GB kit because I was told it was a better kit and was given to me for free. They are both DDR4 and I checked XMP profiles and DDR4-3200 was selected by default with the new kit. DRAM voltage set at 1.35V. For some reason, my PC struggles to boot with this kit though. The first 2 reboots did not work (had to shut down completely to boot successfully) and then after it just couldn't get past the BIOS splash screen anymore and kept bootlooping so I reinstalled my old kit and the everything was fine. Did I just get a defective kit? My friend got it in a bundle and gave it to me so it's brand new.

Specs:

Mobo: Asrock B450m Pro4
CPU: R5 3600
GPU: RTX 3070ti
Not all ram will work with all mobo's.

Check if there is a bios update for your mobo.