Replacement for 9400GT

Mofrace

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Hey There,
I am thinking to replace My Old 9400 GT 512 mb with 1030 I am just thinking if its a good decision i have a pretty weak system, i can't upgrade it completely rite now hopefully in future, i know pci slots matter GDDR's don't matter that much rite? i know it needs max of 8 gb's ram, which i got, and power supply 450 watt.. and it requires six pin connector check, so i think it can work rite?
My Motherboard is zeb g41 d3, its indeed a pretty crap motherboard :(

Solution
A GT 1030 doesn't need a six pin connector, it is a very low power card. You'll be fine, it is more important to see if the CPU is up to the task of handling the GT 1030 or not, and whether your PSU is good enough or not.

Mofrace

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
That means i was misinformed but can it run top end games i've seen people play many good games on it.. Not that top end .. just warframe ac origins on medium, gta v just not too much top end 10xx series can handle pretty good

It can, but don't expect many wonders out of it. It is the lowest 10-series card, not even meant for gaming, so of course performance will not be breathtaking - most games you'd be looking at 720p medium, maybe 1080p medium if the game is not too demanding, for around 40-60 FPS.