Question Replacement for NVIDIA GeForce GT 640

Jun 15, 2024
I have an older ASUS machine. It is used primarily for day-to-day stuff, database, spreadsheets, writing, light photo and video editing. And some light gaming (I game on a XBOX Series X otherwise). It does fine for these applications. But there are some newer games that I have tried that are not compatible with my existing video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640. The system is currently limited to 1080p.

Is there anything out there that you could recommend as a replacement card given my system limitations that would be compatible with more modern games at 1090p?

Thanks

I have an older ASUS machine. It is used primarily for day-to-day stuff, database, spreadsheets, writing, light photo and video editing. And some light gaming (I game on a XBOX Series X otherwise). It does fine for these applications. But there are some newer games that I have tried that are not compatible with my existing video card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640. The system is currently limited to 1080p.

Is there anything out there that you could recommend as a replacement card given my system limitations that would be compatible with more modern games at 1090p?

Thanks
What is rest of your system ? MB, RAM, PSU (make, model and age) ?