Question Replacement for rx 570 any suggestions ?

SeverinV

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2016
So i am wondering if it is a good time to upgrade my rx 570.
It is less then 2 years since i bought it but with rtx 3000 series on the horizon, i am wondering if i should wait till next year for better deals ?
Thanks for the info,
Cheers

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
It depends on a few things:

• What's your monitor's resolution?
  • What's your monitor's refresh rate?
  • Does your monitor have FreeSync, GSync, or neither?
  • What specific games are you playing, or planning to play in the near future?
  • What specific frame rate and quality settings are you targeting?
Knowing the rest of your system specs would definitely help: CPU, RAM, and Power Supply (brand and EXACT model)

BradHP

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I don't think I could recommend anything besides waiting right now. I have the same GPU, and it's actually hurting my productivity (some programs for game dev maxing out VRAM when working with big textures) not just giving me worse a gaming experience than I want. But this is just a horrible time to upgrade unless you're very patient to stand outside MicroCenter every day, or watch certain sites for stock to come back in.

SeverinV

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2016
It depends on a few things:

• What's your monitor's resolution?
  • What's your monitor's refresh rate?
  • Does your monitor have FreeSync, GSync, or neither?
  • What specific games are you playing, or planning to play in the near future?
  • What specific frame rate and quality settings are you targeting?
Knowing the rest of your system specs would definitely help: CPU, RAM, and Power Supply (brand and EXACT model)
1.1080 p.
  1. 144 Hz.
  2. Neither.
  3. From old titles, mmo's to newer games.
  4. High textures is a must plus 60 fps. Another things i can lower like shadows, lightning, fog etc.

My specs:
i5-4460, 24 GB DDR3, Chieftec proton 750 Watt.

Chieftec Proton 750 Watt specs

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Is your RX570 a 4GB or 8GB model?

How is it falling short for you currently (if at all)?

I would definitely replace that PSU first, even if you don't do anything else. Chieftec doesn't make good PSUs (they're on the Wall Of Shame, see the first link in my signature, which also gives recommendations), and that they only offered a 2-year warranty shows how little confidence they have in that power supply.

SeverinV

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2016
Is your RX570 a 4GB or 8GB model?

How is it falling short for you currently (if at all)?

I would definitely replace that PSU first, even if you don't do anything else. Chieftec doesn't make good PSUs (they're on the Wall Of Shame, see the first link in my signature, which also gives recommendations), and that they only offered a 2-year warranty shows how little confidence they have in that power supply.
People from my country doesn't consider it a bad psu. It is strange that you are saying it.
I know people who are using the proton line psu for years with no problems.

TRENDING THREADS