Replacement Seasonic Modular Cable Connectors

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013
Okay, so I've bought a fully modular Seasonic PSU, however I don't actually need the motherboard cable for anything other than activating the PSU so I was thinking of wiring up a simpler cable to connect a power switch to.

Anyway, I was able to get the diagrams with pin numbering for the relevant cables, so I know where to connect wires, but I'm wondering if it's possible to buy compatible connectors anywhere.

Here's the diagram of the two connectors I need:
rjvy.png

I just have no idea what I'm looking for on parts sites, so I'm just hoping these are at least similar to something standard that I can buy and just solder or crimp wires into as required. The main one I need is the 10-pin connector as that has the necessary PS_On pin and ground for hooking in a switch, but I'd also like the 18-pin one too as that gives me access to the +5V power sources which I could use to add more molex connectors while I'm at it (I'm currently using a complete mess of y-splitters, it's horrible).
Ignore the scaling in the image as both connectors are the same height and proportions, and likewise the same as common 8-pin PCIe connectors, ATX motherboard connectors etc., they just have different numbers of pins.

Anyway, I'm fine with the DIY nature of this, and know the risks, I just have no idea what these connectors are called or whether these particular arrangements exist to buy. I do have the modular motherboard cable supplied with my PSU, but I'd rather not ruin it in case I use the PSU with a motherboard in future. But currently the classic trick of a paper-click in the motherboard cable to power on the PSU means leaving the cable connected, but it's frickin' huge and blocking airflow.

I'm not bothered about colour, but black to match the existing cables would be awesome.

Haravikk

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2013

I'm currently just leaving the cable attached as it is, but my case is quite compact with a single space for airflow which the cable intrudes quite badly into, no matter where I put it :(

If I have to I'll just cut the wires on the cable and use the PS_On wire plus a ground wire and connect them into a switch that way. Ideally I'd remove all the pins from the PSU end but I don't think that's going to be possible without ruining them or cutting wires, either way it seems like it's going to ruin the cable. Seasonic have been good about sending me extra modular wires with peripheral connectors, but I think asking for a second motherboard cable might be pushing it ;)