Replacing laptop LCD cable

Gr3n

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015
Recently my laptop's LCD cable has gone bad due to a long host of problems consisting with a poorly designed case and hinge. Now whenever I move the lid of the laptop a bunch of bars and colors flash across the screen and I can hardly get it to a spot where it will be clear enough to use so I decided that its time to replace it. In order to save a couple bucks I am looking into using the LCD cable from my old laptop to replace it (the old laptop has a fried mobo which is why I am on the new one). Both laptops are Dell and through looking inside both of them many parts seem very similar with very few design changes. The old laptop is an HP 2000-365DX and the new one is a Pavilion g7, if you need further info on the models you can ask me and I will look but that much should be enough I think. Does anyone think that the LCD cables will be interchangeable? From looking inside them several times the cable seems to be pretty similar but I am not positive since the old one is 15.6" and the new one is 17" display.

Gr3n

Reputable
Apr 19, 2015

Alright I opened up both computers at the same time and it seems the connectors are different sizes completely so looks like I am buying a new cable :S

do you have or know somebody that has an ebay account to see if can find the cable there as a lot cheaper from there then from hp? I do that all the time for my customers when they need certain computer parts that you can't get at a computer store.