Report: Apple to Launch 24 New iPads on October 23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I seriously doubt Apple would come out with that many models. Especially when there have been less than 24 models to date. They have a history of keeping things simple, maybe 3 models in in 3 capacities with a few colors apiece. Apple understands how keeping things simple helps them win consumers.

Gasek

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
I am really happy Apple finally decided to do what they've said they wouldn't, a 7 inch Ipod, err... Ipad. I've been waiting to buy a Nexus 7.

Gasek

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
I had to comment on this:
Products are also labeled with "GOOD," "BETTER," and "BEST,"

Hey dude, which Ipad you've got? I've got the Best and you? I've got the Good Ipad. Think I should have gone for the Better Ipad instead?
Sorry what?

G

labelling Good Better and Best is only an internal Apple thing...not meant to tell customers

nao1120

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2009
Wait wait wait....... So, What is stopping google and samsung/amazon and BB from sueing apple for a 7 inch model, since clearly they only ever designed and made a 9 inch version and made it clear they did not want to make one to begin with. Isn't that as apple stated "blatent" copying? Should they not be awarded 1 billion in damages?

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]nieur[/nom]how different colour is considered as different model?[/citation]

Different color = different model number = different model.

It's a minor point, but nevertheless technically correct (the BEST KIND of correct!).

[citation][nom]nao1120[/nom]Wait wait wait....... So, What is stopping google and samsung/amazon and BB from sueing apple for a 7 inch model, since clearly they only ever designed and made a 9 inch version and made it clear they did not want to make one to begin with. Isn't that as apple stated "blatent" copying? Should they not be awarded 1 billion in damages?[/citation]
What's stopping them? Common sense and decency. They have it.

ven1ger

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
[citation][nom]Gasek[/nom]I had to comment on this:products are also labeled with "GOOD," "BETTER," and "BEST,"Hey dude, which Ipad you've got? I've got the Best and you? I've got the Good Ipad. Think I should have gone for the Better Ipad instead?Sorry what?[/citation]

In any discussion, I don't like to disparage the opposite side with derogatory remarks. But, considering that sort of labeling of their new line as "Good", "Better" and "Best", I can't help to wonder if Apple thinks of their customers as others have been calling them and think their customers have to be led and can't make logical decisions themselves...sigh...

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]What's stopping them? Common sense and decency. They have it[/citation]

That, and Apple is releasing a device with a proven (and patented - by themselves) design with a proven (and patented - again, by themselves) OS with it's own look, available mass-market to the general public years before Android's OS, and all they're changing is the screen size.

This is not the same as taking a device you're releasing, having it intentionally designed to look like a popular, competing phone, set it up with a nearly identical UI and mislead people into buying it when they probably were after something else. That's what cost Samsung $1B+ in the lawsuit they lost against Apple.

Anyway, sorry. Continue your Android fanboyism.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]tuffjuff[/nom]..... a device with a proven (and patented - by themselves) design....years before Android's OS, ..... mislead people into buying it when they probably were after something else.....That's what cost Samsung $1B+[/citation]
wow... just wow..

The rectangle was proven to be a good design, and you are correct Apple patented it.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/edblack/2012/08/08/apple-samsung-rights-to-rectangles/

iOS was developed and released at the same time as Android.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_%28operating_system%29
"Initially developed by Android Inc, whom Google financially backed and later purchased in 2005,[9] Android was unveiled in 2007"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS
"iOS (previously iPhone OS) is a mobile operating system developed and distributed by Apple Inc. Originally released in 2007"

No one mistakes a Samsung product for an apple product. If they are shopping for an iPad, they get an iPad, if they are shopping for a Tablet, they get one or the other.
http://www.zdnet.com/judge-apple-must-publicly-state-samsung-didnt-copy-ipad-7000001149/

The scandal around the court case will cause it to be completely thrown out and a proper trial with an appelate court (not a trial by jury) will be the final saying of this. A trial by jury where the Jury deliberated and came to consensus, an 18 page 300 question sheet that they were each supposed to answer individually, a 22 page verdict sheet that they were supposed to fill out individually, all in one day. Then the head juror specifically contradicting the instructions of the Judge by stating that the fine was meant to punish Samsung, not repay Apple for damages...

You keep on being a sheep though, wolves love the taste of lamb.

Anyway, sorry. Continue your Android fanboyism

look who's talking.

i hope sony has a patent for using sequential model numbers together with different colors that i believed they used for the sony handhelds.

some patents are just stupid, rectangular with rounded corners? i know it's old, but still... stupid.
if it was something new then by all means patent it. i think the wright(sorry not sure of the spelling) brothers patented their invention related to lift i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS