Report: Apple to Unveil New iMacs, MacBook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
What is up with that crappy white plastic. The black ones were much nicer, same plastic, just in black. I think Apple is afraid to have the black versions because it would probably severely hamper the Aluminum unibody sales.

G

Apple can't be stopped. They are king of the jungle. MS continues to put out shi**y products and you wonder why they are so despised around the world. win 7 only gets them to last years Apple os. They will soon have enough cash on hand to buy ms and then gut it.

Nik_I

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2007
they'll never sell me one of these until the lower the price by alot. I don't need a $1300 laptop. I need something around half that price.

G

[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Drop 80% in price are you kidding me, their the best deal money can buy as far as a PC is concerned. They don't get viruses, they don't have Memmory crashes, they bootup twice as fast, their more reliable, they take up half the space on your desk, the Graphic's look better. What more do you want????? They are the King Daddy'sof PC's without all the headaches.[/citation]

someone is an apple kiss ass. you actually believe all that bs that apple spews out. they do get virus's they do have memory crashes, they take up the same space as a PC, they graphics dont look better, they dont boot twice as fast, they are overpriced underpowered pieces of crap.

rand_79

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Unless I need to use a specific mac application I'm still staying away..

way too much spin.. not close to bang for the buck.. more like a whimper for the buck.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
[citation][nom]njkid3[/nom]someone is an apple kiss ass. you actually believe all that bs that apple spews out. they do get virus's they do have memory crashes, they take up the same space as a PC, they graphics dont look better, they dont boot twice as fast, they are overpriced underpowered pieces of crap.[/citation]

No kidding. Especially when you could run, say, Ubuntu, on almost anything you want and accomplish alot of those things for free...

fortmccubble

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]opaopa[/nom]Apple can't be stopped. They are king of the jungle. MS continues to put out shi**y products and you wonder why they are so despised around the world. win 7 only gets them to last years Apple os. They will soon have enough cash on hand to buy ms and then gut it.[/citation]

If MS was despised around the world as you so eloquently put it. Why do they have enough market share that they could almost share half of it with Apple and still be on top? If you're going to be a fan boy at least try to reference good points, please?

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]njkid3[/nom]someone is an apple kiss ass. you actually believe all that bs that apple spews out. they do get virus's they do have memory crashes, they take up the same space as a PC, they graphics dont look better, they dont boot twice as fast, they are overpriced underpowered pieces of crap.[/citation]

And someone else is a Windows Kiss-ass Fanboi...I own both. My Windows machine provides me with 50X more problems than the Mac. I have had one problem in six months with my MacBook Pro, and have only booted it once. The problem was the result of installing some antiquated software. Windows...hah...blue screens, memory freezes, etc.

Start comparing part for part, and you will see that Apple is priced the same or less than comparable Win boxes. They boot far faster than a Window machine, they have superior graphics...XP never looked so good since using it on a Mac, never had a memory crash, or any type of malware or virus attack...unlike my Win box. Get your facts together and then talk...you are just blowing hot-air and are ignorant about the facts...are you a Republican?

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Yoder54[/nom]And someone else is a Windows Kiss-ass Fanboi...I own both. My Windows machine provides me with 50X more problems than the Mac.[/citation]
Yeah, I get that a lot from some of my clients. The probably, as I suspect is true in your case, lies between the keyboard and the chair.

[citation]I have had one problem in six months with my MacBook Pro, and have only booted it once. The problem was the result of installing some antiquated software.[/citation]
Apple's stuff is completely controlled by the them (hardware and software). They don't have to worry about hardware configurations that might cause unforeseen conflicts. This has obvious advantages, but the trade off is that it is more expensive and far more limited in configuration.

[citation]Windows...hah...blue screens, memory freezes, etc. Start comparing part for part, and you will see that Apple is priced the same or less than comparable Win boxes.[/citation]
You're high! There is no comparing "part for part" because I can order a part from Newegg, another part from Tiger Direct, and achieve a result that will be vastly cheaper than the preconfigured machine you get from Apple.

[citation]They boot far faster than a Window machine, they have superior graphics...[/citation]
"Not no more, Billy" Sorry, chuckles, but the days of Mac ruling the roost in the graphics department are long gone. It's all Nvidia and Radeon now; and the problem with Apple is that it takes them a while to catch up to the latest technology. The best you can do is quad-Nvidia GeForce 120s or a single Radeon HD 4870. How do you think that will stack up against an Nvidia Geforce GTX 295 OC? How about against today's SBM with triple Radeon HD 4890s? And don't even get me started on the Radeon HD 5870s.

[citation]XP never looked so good since using it on a Mac, never had a memory crash, or any type of malware or virus attack...unlike my Win box. Get your facts together and then talk...you are just blowing hot-air and are ignorant about the facts...are you a Republican?[/citation]
What does politics have to do with it? There are plenty of hypocritical, uninformed blowhards on both sides of the aisle. Are you aware that Rush Limbaugh is a huge Apple fan? Something you might want to consider the next time you decide to flame someone in such a supercilious fashion.

G

Reality: Apple makes a product for a specific market. End. They use the exact same hardware as a PC. EFI instead of BIOS is the only difference. OSX runs on almost any PC now days without hacking the kernel. Get extensions for hardware some body wrote and boom. Apple has issues just like windows, the only difference is that because their platform has such a small user base no one codes problems for it (viruses adware etc)
Its a decent platform, if you ONLY want to surf the net play soft core games. Basically if you got the bucks its the perfect soccer mom PC.
Giving apple their credit, for the market they want to get to they make a very good platform in general. The fan boys ruin apple most of the time, imo.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Drop 80% in price are you kidding me, their the best deal money can buy as far as a PC is concerned. They don't get viruses, they don't have Memmory crashes, they bootup twice as fast, their more reliable, they take up half the space on your desk, the Graphic's look better. What more do you want????? They are the King Daddy'sof PC's without all the headaches.[/citation]

so much ignorance is not worthy to post anything..

theLaminator

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
@ Yoder54

You're posting on an enthusiast site that includes many pages of hardware reviews. Read the hardware reviews then compare the hardware available to a mac to the hardware available for a Window's PC. Then make a logical assesment of the two not a half baked fanboy comment

MJRSnyder

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
[citation][nom]thekurrgan72[/nom]Reality: Apple makes a product for a specific market. End. They use the exact same hardware as a PC. EFI instead of BIOS is the only difference. OSX runs on almost any PC now days without hacking the kernel. Get extensions for hardware some body wrote and boom. Apple has issues just like windows, the only difference is that because their platform has such a small user base no one codes problems for it (viruses adware etc)Its a decent platform, if you ONLY want to surf the net play soft core games. Basically if you got the bucks its the perfect soccer mom PC. Giving apple their credit, for the market they want to get to they make a very good platform in general. The fan boys ruin apple most of the time, imo.[/citation]

This guy hit the proverbial nail on the head.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Everytime there's news on Tom's about Apple doing something all the fanbois from both sides come out in force and make the same argument we've been hearing since the 80s.

Apple makes computers for 4 kinds of users and does a great job doing it: soccer moms, students & teachers, trendy yuppies with extra $$, and professionals in the science and creative industries.

Maybe most of the Apple haters here don't realize that most of what they see on TV & in theaters, listen to on the radio or MP3 player, or ads they see in the store, magazines, billboards, etc. was all professionally produced and mastered on Apple machines. Anybody ever heard of Final Cut? But Apple doesn't build computers for going online and dorking out in a video game @ 100fps during all your waking hours so all you haters keep spewing your same BS.

zaam

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
I don't understand all the PC and Mac hating going on. I love my PC just as much as my Mac. Even though I love one, doesn't mean I have less love for the other one.

So, I'm not allowed to like both? Whatever...

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
There is a a Dell Studio with a quad-core Core-i7 CPU, 4 GB of DDR3-1066 memory, 512mb Radeon 4570 graphics card, and other overall high-end specs for $999. I own the Core 2 version of the same laptop (should have waited a month, sadness) and the build quality is great, the magnesium alloy frame really prevents any flex in the body, and the thing is just as light as the 15 inch Macbook Pro. Now, you could make an argument about the OS being better on the macbook (really, REALLY subjective) but who would turn down octa threaded goodness for a white fisher-price plastic notebook with far inferior specs? The macbook needs a sizeable price drop, since they obviously wont give it better specs than the Macbook Pro family until they update that one first.

nitemare123

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
someone is an apple kiss ass. you actually believe all that bs that apple spews out. they do get virus's they do have memory crashes, they take up the same space as a PC, they graphics dont look better, they dont boot twice as fast, they are overpriced underpowered pieces of crap.

nitemare123

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009

You may want to actually try a mac before you comment. I switched from pc laptop to a macbook over a year ago. I have never even had any virus trouble (and I do have a virus scanner and do a fair bit of downloading), side by side it starts up in about half the time of my wife's vista laptop, and even though her laptop was a fairly high end one from a major brandname, the quality of the screen on my macbook yields a much better picture. So in short, you are dead wrong and show that you don't know anything about them.

killakenny

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
Before buying that mac, just remember that application support in Mac OS X is nowhere as strong as a windows-based pc unless you're willing to fork more hard earned cash for windows on top of that new expensive mac to run boot camp. Besides, if wanted a mac, i'd go for a Mac Pro. Just don't charge me AUD$5K for a pro with hd 4870 (really?, 1x hd 4870? i could build a phenom with faster hd 5870!)

G

[citation][nom]nitemare123[/nom]You may want to actually try a mac before you comment. I switched from pc laptop to a macbook over a year ago. I have never even had any virus trouble (and I do have a virus scanner and do a fair bit of downloading), side by side it starts up in about half the time of my wife's vista laptop, and even though her laptop was a fairly high end one from a major brandname, the quality of the screen on my macbook yields a much better picture. So in short, you are dead wrong and show that you don't know anything about them.[/citation]

i do have a mac(albeit not as a main machine more as a curiosity piece) and my pc boots just as fast if not faster than the mac. also, my mac has gotten its fair share of viruses so all you people in mac world and not in the real world can just shut up about macs not getting viruses. next off my pc's screen is equal if not better than its mac counterpart. and in summation it is YOU who shows you know nothing.

[citation][nom]Yoder54[/nom]And someone else is a Windows Kiss-ass Fanboi...I own both. My Windows machine provides me with 50X more problems than the Mac. I have had one problem in six months with my MacBook Pro, and have only booted it once. The problem was the result of installing some antiquated software. Windows...hah...blue screens, memory freezes, etc. Start comparing part for part, and you will see that Apple is priced the same or less than comparable Win boxes. They boot far faster than a Window machine, they have superior graphics...XP never looked so good since using it on a Mac, never had a memory crash, or any type of malware or virus attack...unlike my Win box. Get your facts together and then talk...you are just blowing hot-air and are ignorant about the facts...are you a Republican?[/citation]

ok now onto you. the above also applies to your little opinion. but i will add my mac has had those problems everybody says plague windows systems only. and where have you been for the past couple of months with the release of the dx11 cards from ATI does a mac offer the kickass graphic potential that those cards offer i bet not. to to it off you cant build a system with those parts in mac for you know why. it simply doesnt exist for macs only for pc's. i bet i could build a pc for 1200 buck that totally annihilates a mac that cost more than 1200. AND NO SIR I AM NOT A REPUBLICAN. YOU ARE THE IGNORANT PERSON IGNORING THE FACTS AND BLOWING HOT AIR. SO THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE YOU IGNORANT SMALL MINDED PERSON.

Status
Not open for further replies.