Report: Apple Working on Building Bigger iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Is that really necessary? iPads are already big enough, if you need anything bigger a laptop would probably be better. I don't even want to see the prices for those if they're really in the works.

jjarnts

Honorable
Sep 28, 2013
I seriously cannot imagine trying to use a bigger iPad; it is already massive. Of course I prefer my 7" Nexus 7 (new) but thats just me

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
You guys are nuts. If this is a reality it will take on the Surface Pro and most likely win. Apple has been adding iPad like features to Mac OS for some time, and Mavericks has some really over the top optimisations which led me to believe a merger of the two platforms was a possibility. As The surface has proved a 10" tablet is too small, and too thick to make a convincing tablet. If Apple could create a tablet capable of running Mac OS and at the flick of a switch turn into an iPad then Microsoft would be dead in the water.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010

When Windows 8 was launched, Tim Cook stated that mixing desktop/laptop with tablets/phones is a bad idea. But then again it's not the first time they bash a competitor and then backtrack their comments by doing the same. Like for example, the iPad Mini.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
"The iPad XL rumor has surfaced while Dell removes itself as the last remaining Windows RT tablet maker."

I see what you did there... Raise Apple while putting down MS. Let's see how this new iPad stand up against the Surface Pro

Duckhunt

Honorable
Sep 22, 2012
Who cares. Half the people i know took days to setup there pcs just to get pictures of the idiotic iphone. Some have even given up. Yet androids , you just plug it in and there you go.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
All I want for xmas is a 13in tablet (or heck 17in? 15.6? Anything above 10!)...LOL. Preferably 1080p or 1920x1200, any higher and you'll just slow my gaming down for nothing. Any higher should be 20nm chips only. Everything else is too slow today for above this (my dad's nexus 10 is a prime example). Either that or start shipping android that can change resolutions DOWN (like windows) so I can get a reasonable framerate or pic size for all games. Try playing Avernum or Avadon on nexus 10 (puny little box, can't even read the print and I have 20/15 vision...LOL). I should be able to change the resolution to match the games native res. Google needs to fix this ASAP. I hope keylime pie or whatever has this at some point. Gaming won't get really good on android until you can change the res to anything lower than your native screen just like windows. So if your device can't run battlefield 39 (by 2055 or so?...LOL) at 2560x1600 you can notch it down to 800x600 or something for decent fps. Ridiculous of course, but you get the point. It's nice to have a beautiful screen at 2560x1600 but not if I can't change it easily.

I'm not talking rooting the device here either. I want it built in to the OS!

smokeybravo

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
Everyone hates on Apple, and yet, it is the most valuable technology company. They must be doing something right. So it would be logical to assume the haters are a small, but vocal minority.

bombebomb

Honorable
Aug 5, 2012
Well, I don't want to say "it won't sell", or "there is no use for it" but apple has fooled me before....... I can see it now

The apple Iconvertible

Consumer: It's new technology, amazing stuff

Nerd: Wait a second.....

Apple: Buy our product

The biggest "downfall" for a 10 inch tablet for me personally is the weight, if they were lighter that would make me use one a lot more. Granted the last tablet I used of that size was a TF101 so I imagine technology has made great leaps since those days.

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010

If Apple is copying them, they would have also revealed a 12.2inch tablet, instead of a 9.7 inch one. Truly, your name lives up to your opinions and standards and being regarded as a fanboy really has amazing abilities to cloud your judgement.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008

Toshiba announced a 13.3 inch tablet before both of them.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008

Samsung announced their plans for a 12 inch tablet back in the beginning of AUGUST and Toshiba announced theirs in JULY, just because you didn't read about it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

hiryu

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
If Apple releasing 12-13 inch tablet is copying Shamesung? So very TV/Monitor manufacturers are copycat.
I am not saying Apple is always innocent, but certainly not in this case.
(If you have to use this case to accuse Apple's copying, what about after Sony released a voilet phone, Shamesung release one. More recently, Apple released a golden iphone, Shamesung is also planning to release one.)
The accusation of Shamesung is not without reasons.
http://www.iloveapps.hk/2012/08/25/samsung-copied-apple/

Status
Not open for further replies.