Report: Duke Nukem Developer Shuts Down

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Sons of b******!

DN3d was awesome. The first game where you could use a text editor to mod the game. You could give your pistol like 1000 power and it would blast aliens 1000 feet into the air. I loved that game. The only thing missing from that game was mouse control - I remember aiming up and down was done by the computer automatically. You played with the keyboard only.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Thank you for the update, I was really worried that DN4E was finally going to be nixed. I'm still planning on throwing a party when (I mean if) its released. Providing I haven't died of old age by then.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Thank you for the update, I was really worried that DN4E was finally going to be nixed. I'm still planning on throwing a party when (I mean if) its released. Providing I haven't died of old age by then.[/citation]

DN3D had mouse aiming. Press U.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
NO!11!!1 I DIDN'T SEE DIS HAPPENZING!

Y Y Y Y Y Y CNAT U JUS RELESE TEH GMAE!!!!

No seriously, no one saw this coming, right? I mean, sure, most games take 20 years to make right?

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Only thing about Duke Nukem that is Forever is how long it is taking to develop the game. Look how many Super Mario games came out during that time and Miyamato once even stated that he is tired of continuing the series.

doomhammr

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
[citation][nom]idisarmu[/nom]Crytek manages though....Far Cry- Spring 2004Crysis- Fall 2007[/citation]

And I find it a miracle they're still around too in these tough days. Crysis must have sold THAT many copies.

Come get some..... NOT
It's time to kick some ass and chew buble gum. But i'm all outta gum; and money to make the game
What are you? Some bottom-feeding, scum sucking algae eater? No i can't finish the game.
Your face. Your ass. What's the difference? The difference is i can't finish the game
What are you waiting for? Christmas? Yeah Christmas of nevermore.
Hmm, don't have time to play with myself.
I should have known those alien maggots booby trapped the GAME.

AHHHHH MEMORIES LOL

Your face. Your ass. What's the difference? The difference is i won't finish the game
What are you waiting for? Christmas? YEAH XMAS OF EVERMORE
t's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum. And I'm all out of gum. N TIME AND MONEY TO FINISH THE GAME
Shit Happens... AND I CAN'T FINISH THE GAME
What are you? Some bottom-feeding, scum sucking algae eater? YEAH THAT AND I CANT FINISH THE GAME
Hmm, don't have time to play with myself. NOR TO FINISH A PROMISING GAME
[checking out office computer playing duke3d] Get back to work you slacker!
Damn, that's the second time those alien bastards shot up my GAME!
LOL

JPHD

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
damn... it feels like a close relative has passed away. Duke has always been my favorite pc character. Duke Nukem 3d is easily one of my top 3 games ever. Hope it's not true, but if it is...
the king is dead, HAIL TO THE KING baby.

G

Personally, i'm glad they went under. Any company dumb enough to let such a Golden opportunity go to waste, deserves to fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.