Report: EA's Danger Close Studio Potentially Facing Closure

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiret

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
in other news. one of their successful franchises ... Dungeon keeper (WFTO) had to be remade by an indie developer because they are too thick to do it themselves.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Kinda expected this given that EA is forcing users to use battlelog and origin in some way, shape, or form. Also not happy with EA's handling of C&C Red Alert 3. RA was one of the few things from EA that I had high hoped for, but after I saw the units they created it made me sick with what they did to that series.

tiret

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
in other news. one of their successful franchises ... Dungeon keeper (WFTO) had to be remade by an indie developer because they are too thick to do it themselves.

tiret

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010

dkcomputer

Honorable
Apr 5, 2012
Anyone and everyone who made the decision to partner with EA deserves the fate of the free market - the consumers choice - DON'T PARTNER WITH EA.

maigo

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
EA beat out BP as the worst company in the world because they buy and kill everything they love. Something they'll never understand. Eat a dick EA. Eat all the dicks.

oxiide

Distinguished

I could almost excuse that, but the MoH reboot and those flat-out offensive Linkin Park trailers are a capital crime. I say let them burn.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Tomshardware, one of the popular feedback sites with a community having half a brain, i wonder if any EA personal would have the guts to read the consistent backlash they deserve.

Obviously no.. EA have iron sites on kiddies and their poor mums and dads for hyper disobedient unemployed brats who want their next cod kick.

I'm not really upset just mucking around but it sure does seem like it ;P

Ps. I bought BF3 for 5 bucks!!!

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Consider this… Steak = Software and cow poo = DRM, DLC, Online only, origin exclusive etc...

EA is a great steakhouse. They buy only the highest quality beef and everyone rants and raves about them. Their business is a raging success, and even the ranchers that supply them with beef are loved by the consumer.

Then one day EA decides that they can make a ton of money if they start selling the cow's poo as a side dish. They season it and cook it to perfection, but the customers are appalled when they see it and many refuse to eat at EA's steakhouse anymore. Many customers continue to eat at EA's steakhouse though and just refuse to order any dish with cow poo.

EA charged their customers so much money for the cow poo side dishes that they had record profits so EA decides to start buying all the ranches. With all the ranches owned by EA steakhouse there was no choice but for the customers to eat at EA’s steakhouse.

Now that all the checks are in place, EA decides to go full swing with its cow poo sales. They now include a cow poo glaze on every dish and a side of cow poo comes with every meal. The customers are appalled by what is on their plate, they attempt to return the meal, but are shown the asterisks pointing to the terms of service. "No Refunds." The ranchers begin to despise EA steakhouse for making everyone think steaks are poo, but they are owned by EA so what can they do.

Customers are still coming in because EA steakhouse is the biggest steakhouse around, and not all of them realize they are eating poo so EA continues to sell it. The ones that find out they are eating poo vow to never touch anything of EA’s ever again. With declining sales EA decides it needs to close many of its ranches and restaurants to stay profitable.

To this day they still refuse to remove the poo from their steaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.