Report: HTC Building Pricey Nvidia Tegra 2 Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

so... the iPad didn't cut the mustard so now our army is using a tablet supplied by (for all intent and purpose) the Chinese.....

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Maybe expensive, but I just figured if I get a tablet with some kind of data, be it built-in or from a MiFi, my next mobile may as well just be a dumb-phone for voice and text only.

I'm sure that's the reason the cell networks have got into bed with the tablet people, because they knew this right from the start.

mustwarnothers

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
Boxee dropped the Tegra 2 out of its hardware spec sheet since it couldn't even reliably do 1080P. Sounds like tech that's already old news.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
[citation][nom]mustwarnothers[/nom]Boxee dropped the Tegra 2 out of its hardware spec sheet since it couldn't even reliably do 1080P. Sounds like tech that's already old news.[/citation]
The chip can handle 1080P perfectly fine but sadly it does not support all of the formats that you would want to run at 1080p so you are left with some 1080P running smoothly and others running like crap.

theoutbound

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Hopefully this will see a release and give some competition to the iPad. A 720p screen and some interesting hardware might at lease shake up the market a bit.

oneblackened

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]plasmastorm[/nom]If digi times says it's so then it must be true haha. Also isn't pegatron one of those companies that usually makes crappy knock-ff devices?Smells like......[/citation]
No, Pegatron is Asustek's OEM brand. Asus got their name from Peg(atron)asus(Tek)

Status
Not open for further replies.