Report: Low Price 7.5'' Microsoft Tablet to Launch Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espen Lund

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
Interesting, i like the screen resolution on the device. If i were to purchase a tablet, i'd rather go for a slightly bigger device. They need to make the Windows RT platform more appealing, might happen with the release of the next Xbox. (rumours of it running windows 8, metro but no desktop).

Alma Finanz

Honorable
May 5, 2013
Microsoft actually is doing quite fine and is not dead at all.
You may check their financials at
http://simplefinanz.com/microsoft-earnings-q3-2013/
in a simple graphical form, easily readable.

pacomac

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
A 7.5" Windows tablet is way too small for running Windows 8. Sure it might be fine for some Metro apps, but there are so few of them and most are such poor quality. I struggle to run desktop apps on an 11" so can't see how such a small screen would ever work.

bllue

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
I always felt $399 should've been the price for the Surface. I played around with the device and it's better than I expected but price I think is the biggest reason for the minor success it achieved. I know I would've bought one at $399 but $599 is a bit too much.

hotice

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
Microsoft is crazy and a year late. Too bad the Nook HD just got the Google Play store. That makes it better if you ask me.
Microsoft needs to drop Windows 8 x86, Windows 8 RT, Windows Phone, and just make software that they're good at like Office for Android and iOS.

jerryblack

Honorable
Apr 20, 2013
Microsoft has a one year lag once again in terms of hardware. I bet it won't even have specs as good as the next-gen Nexus 7 announced at I/O soon. And it will be released only 2-3 months before the Nexus 7 3rd gen will be out, which of course will make it very obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts