Report: Microsoft Working on Xbox/Zune Mashup

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Mobile gaming platform? Sorry, Microsoft isn't innovative enough to give people something they haven't seen before. Plus people don't seem to want one device that can do 100 different things poorly. They seem to want a device that can do one or two things really well. Probably why the PSP never really took-off like Sony hoped it would. I can't explain Apple's success, nor the near-infinite cash supplies of its fanbois.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Yeah I gotta say the odds that this is real and not just a fantasy wish list are slim. Though if this is fantasy island, Tatoo, my bags are over there.

norbs

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Whoa, a device that does not work on new years eve, gets the ring of death in one! It's amazing what can be done with technology.

hemelskonijn

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2008
This device will later be names the 42 as it turns out to be the answer to life the universe and everything.

I am a bit sad knowing this as i always thought the device gaining this status would be running linux.

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Speaking of jokes, have you heard about this thing called the Apple TV?[/citation]

HDDVD, PLAY-FOR-SURE

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Mobile gaming platform? Sorry, Microsoft isn't innovative enough to give people something they haven't seen before.[citation]So you have PC gaming, mobile gaming and console gaming....what else is there that hasn't been done?!?

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
xbox live is the most overpriced marketplace I've ever seen in my life. Am I really expected to pay $3+ for 1, 2 minute video clip of a ufc match? $6 for an hd movie that came out in the 80's? $20 for an old xbox game that takes up half my HD? It's ridiculous! I've had an Xbox that's been on xbox live for almost 3 years now and I've spent $15 on 3 games. Unless they drop their prices to 10% of what they are now I'll keep sitting on my wallet.

Xbox marketplace is a joke. To get any real enjoyment out of it it's going to cost you hundreds of dollars a month.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
@ hillarymakesmercy

I don't know how you do your math but I maybe spend $25 a month in the marketplace for DLC, arcade games, and occasionally a video (btw the Paley special on Family Guy is $2 and is a steal if you're a fan). For most video here's a hint, it's called Netflix.

Other than a few shows my Xbox has become my main media center and my HD cable box has been moved to the kids playroom.

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
You're willing to pay $2 for one 22 minute show? You must have more money than sense.

I'd rather watch it on hulu with 1 minute of commercials for FREE!

Family guy comes on TV every night for 2 hours on a local station near me. That's free too if you're willing to put up with 8 minutes of irritating advertisements. (I have an antenna).

HD movies should be $1 for a rental and non hd should be $.50.

Netflix is certainly the way to go if you're a movie buff.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Hmm mine was 47 minutes and isn't a rental, it's a full purchase so yeah I think it's a deal.

I don't usually rent movies or shows on the 360 but most of them are the same price as a onDemand movie so they're not out of wack price wise, but I stick with netflix mail in for new ones and use the streaming for older ones and shows. BTW there's some awesome IMAX HD ones out right now.

androticus

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2008
“Microsoft won’t compete with its Windows Mobile customers.”

What self-serving mealy-mouthed crap. MS had no problem suddenly competing with all its PlaysForSure (stupidest name in tech history!) partners by blindsiding them with the Zune (and orphaning the PFS authentication hardware.) Remember Stac?

They have (presumably) simply decided that the revenue from Mobile exceeds by a comfortable margin the expected revenue, including risk, from making their own handheld and sending their Mobile partners scurrying to an alternative like Android.

G

mylo, psp, and an itouch. wow...but what can a mylo do that an itouch can't? heck, what can a mylo do that a psp can't? weird comparison that doesn't tell me much about what's going on. apparently its something new to the market that's a mix between not only things we've already seen, but things that are very similar in function.

Status
Not open for further replies.