Report: Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti to launch on October 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's at a currently mostly ignored price point, but it has 1GiB of VRAM and it has the same core configuration as the 660... Seriously, 1GiB on a new card that is intended to fit into the 6870/560 market? Nvidia could have dropped capacity to 1.5GiB instead of 1GiB.

G

Ooh look at that, too bad nVidia if you had done this sooner I might not have bought my 7770, but you snooze you loose.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
exactly @blazorthon, with the speed of 650Ti GK106, it does match very well with 1.5GB VRAM, cutting 512MB RAM and sell that card @ $119~129 would have much better than @ $149.

for 650TI, 1.5GB would have been ideal.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
[citation][nom]assasin32[/nom]Still running my 320mb 8800gts card here I am starting to think my card is getting old they almost already made it back to the "8" series cards again.[/citation]

Interesting.

I tend to upgrade at a faster rate.

Geforce 2 ,then
Geforce 5, Then
Geforce 9
Geforce 4xx,next will be
Geforce 7xx in 2013.

[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]exactly @blazorthon, with the speed of 650Ti GK106, it does match very well with 1.5GB VRAM, cutting 512MB RAM and sell that card @ $119~129 would have much better than @ $149.for 650TI, 1.5GB would have been ideal.[/citation]

Unfortunately, Nvidia never seems interested in using an ideal amount of VRAM :(

FINALLY! I've been waiting for the 650 Ti to be released for my budget backup gaming build. I only play lowend old games on it so there is no need to spend 220-500 dollars on a video card. This card is in the perfect price to performance.

InvalidError

Titan
$150 is pretty much as high as I am comfortable going for a GPU since I am not serious enough about gaming to justify spending any more money than that. I'm still using my HD5770 and might carry it over to my next PC.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
[citation][nom]assasin32[/nom]Still running my 320mb 8800gts card here I am starting to think my card is getting old they almost already made it back to the "8" series cards again.[/citation]

Same here. agree 100%. but why woudn't they? what's the demand for faster cards? Latest PC games are busy milking out huge console money with sequels & franchises based on 5-year old engines as long as people are buying. Even though the PC versions are poorly optimized, they still run fine on 8800GT or similar. Skyrim = Oblivion = fallouts. Crysis 2 = 1 (probably less, in fact). Ass-Creed 3 = rev = bro = 2 = 1. Unreal Engine 3 = pretty much every game (WOW!) = batman = mass effect = gears of war = MOH = Bioshock = Rainbow6-V ...

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Unfortunately, Nvidia never seems interested in using an ideal amount of VRAM[/citation]blame the idiot casual consumer. 1/2GB seems to look more "normal" than any other VRAM configuration

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]s997863[/nom]Same here. agree 100%. but why woudn't they? what's the demand for faster cards? Latest PC games are busy milking out huge console money with sequels & franchises based on 5-year old engines as long as people are buying. Even though the PC versions are poorly optimized, they still run fine on 8800GT or similar. Skyrim = Oblivion = fallouts. Crysis 2 = 1 (probably less, in fact). Ass-Creed 3 = rev = bro = 2 = 1. Unreal Engine 3 = pretty much every game (WOW!) = batman = mass effect = gears of war = MOH = Bioshock = Rainbow6-V ...[/citation]4yrs ago, I almost bought 9600GT, but when I saw 9800GT is only $20-30 more. I opt it. I happily using it now, no plan to upgrade until the new card go below $100.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010

I had a good laugh at your comment....i'm still laughing lol.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Sakkura[/nom]About time they start aiming for the sweet spot with Kepler. Don't understand why both AMD and Nvidia have been leaving this big hole in the middle of their lineups this year.[/citation]
Probably production/yield issues...

I might consider if it is much faster than any gtx460/560/Ti after factoring in the clocks. If the memory clocks are not good and the margins are small then I will likely won't buy it but if nvidia decided to use ddr3 I won't buy it period.

[citation][nom]nforce4max[/nom]I might consider if it is much faster than any gtx460/560/Ti after factoring in the clocks. If the memory clocks are not good and the margins are small then I will likely won't buy it but if nvidia decided to use ddr3 I won't buy it period.[/citation]

It's almost definitely using GDDR5 if even the GTX 650 is using GDDR5. I'd be more worried about the width of the memory interface and the mere 1GiB of memory capacity.

[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]There is another GTX655, the gap between 660non-Ti and 650 non-Ti is too wide to be fill with just 1 product.[/citation]

Nvidia was never very concentrated on the mid to low range cards. I believe the GTX655 if it gets released is an OEM card. AMD dominates low to mid range generally. Whereas Nvidia dominates high range.

[citation][nom]Novuake[/nom]Nvidia was never very concentrated on the mid to low range cards. I believe the GTX655 if it gets released is an OEM card. AMD dominates low to mid range generally. Whereas Nvidia dominates high range.[/citation]

Not necessarily. Even last generation, excluding the far overpriced GTX 580, AMD had good competition for Nvidia. In the previous generation, this was still true and it is true this generation to an even greater extent.

[citation][nom]s997863[/nom]Same here. agree 100%. but why woudn't they? what's the demand for faster cards? Latest PC games are busy milking out huge console money with sequels & franchises based on 5-year old engines as long as people are buying. Even though the PC versions are poorly optimized, they still run fine on 8800GT or similar. Skyrim = Oblivion = fallouts. Crysis 2 = 1 (probably less, in fact). Ass-Creed 3 = rev = bro = 2 = 1. Unreal Engine 3 = pretty much every game (WOW!) = batman = mass effect = gears of war = MOH = Bioshock = Rainbow6-V ...[/citation]

So true, but you must not be gaming on an HD display, thats where the difference comes in. Any lower ress and 5 Gen cards back can still run it.

[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Nvidia is dominating the high end? I have to disagree. The only high-end card of theirs that AMD doesn't have an excellent competitor for at this time is the GTX 690 and that's hardly relevant.[/citation]

I am not referring to performance, i am referring to sales(OEM and retail). The marketing concentration from Nvidia is concentrated on Mid to high end.

Status
Not open for further replies.