Report: Nvidia GK110 Titan GPU to be Available Next Month

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mamailo

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2011
The GK110 do not include the geometry preprocessor for DX11 specs or the renders backends.
Even if those features could be added using software and framebuffer chip, is very unlikely to happen.

I believe is a compute card based on the binned chips out of Tesla.

krisom

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
Does this mean I goofed up buying another 670 for SLI? Will this card be superior or inferior disregarding SLI issues (which I can live with) and that it's one card instead of two.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]hannibal[/nom]Not likely. This product does not replase any of those GPU's so there is not any reason to reduce the price... The only thing that do it, if AMD can reduce their prices and when we think how well AMD is doing financially, it seems very unlikely... Pity but true. The 20nm production node is the next change of reducing the costs, and in the beginning, it will be more expensive than these "old" 28nm parts.[/citation]
If the rumored specs can be believed, the $270 card is in a compete with the higher-end AMD $400+ cards

Now for those rumors are true then there is going to drive the price of Nvidia down, and with all three NexGen console basically being AMD exclusive Nvidia doesn't have much pull more, and that is a very good thing if you look into the business practices of Nvidia.

UltimateDeep

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
If it was cheaper at 650 bucks, then it'll be good. I think this should be called the GTX 690 Lite for the performance for a single GPU or a GTX 685 or GTX 680 Ti....etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.