Report: Nvidia Titan to Launch Feb. 18, New Specs Rumored

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
"the card will have a texture fill rate of 288 GT/s and a total computing power of 5.4 TFlops (single precision). "

I think you meant 4.5 TFLOPS.

"with power limited to 250 watts by the use of an 8-pin and a 6-pin connector"

I think the max spec for that configuration is 300W, isn't it?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
[strike]is this a confirmation or still a rumor as stated in title :\? Think it should say at least 'specifications revealed' perhaps?[/strike]

Cant wait for benches and hope Nvidia give long and proper support for their quick $buck of a card that failed to be something else entirely.

jurassic1024

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]Is this meant to be a gaming card or a workstation card?[/citation]

It's a gaming card with GeForce drivers using the same die as the top Tesla workstation card.

jurassic1024

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]boju[/nom]is this a confirmation or still a rumor as stated in title :\? Think it should say at least 'specifications revealed' perhaps?Think its the latter anyway, cant wait for benches and hope Nvidia give long and proper support for their quick $buck of a card that failed to be something else entirely.[/citation]

The release date is confirmed, the specs are not. If you went past the headline and dug into the article, you wouldn't have had to ask that. :|

G

Wow I really want one and 60% faster than the 680. But dont want to pay more than a grand, just way too much for a card that will be outdated in less than a year. Even on the fence about $899 price range. But will see when the reviews hit if its going to be worth it. Disappointed the 700 series isnt launching until Fall now the last I heard.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Today we've come across two good pieces of news on the web: The first being a confirmation of the specifications for the Nvidia GeForce Titan, and the second being a confirmed release date, February 18.

Reading a bit more, confirmation of the specifications for the Nvidia GeForce Titan got confused with the phrasing thinking it was set in stone. Specs are in the process of being confirmed, sorry i guess it means it's still a rumor.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]jurassic1024[/nom]It's a gaming card with GeForce drivers using the same die as the top Tesla workstation card.[/citation]
I just heard some disappointing news. Apparently Geforce Titan might be limited to 1/24 DP, like the rest of the 600 series. I was hoping for something like 1/12, but it's looking like that was a bit too optimistic for this latest generation of Geforce cards. If this is true, I think it kind of diminishes some of Geforce Titan's value in comparison to what's already available, like the GTX 690.

I know a lot of gamers don't give a damn about DP performance, but it's a little disappointing considering the potential of the GPU that's powering it.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]BigMack70[/nom]I'm sick of seeing rumored specs for this card... we've been seeing rumored specs about this for 14 months.It's time to see the card for real.[/citation]
Wow, where do you get your leaks from? I only started hearing rumors about this card about a month ago.

Novulux

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]Wow, where do you get your leaks from? I only started hearing rumors about this card about a month ago.[/citation]

Probably talking about GK110 rumors in general, not this "Titan" specifically.
On a separate note, I hope it doesn't cost more than my current rig altogether...

[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]Wow, where do you get your leaks from? I only started hearing rumors about this card about a month ago.[/citation]

Going by the name Titan, yes, but we've been seeing rumored specs for a GK110 gaming card since well before the launch of the GTX 680.

[citation][nom]renz496[/nom]no gpu boost so boost hater will like it and can OC the card like mad just like they use to? btw isn't that nvidia have their own vapor chamber tech like since GTX580?[/citation]

Boost wasn't hindering overclocking as much as the locked voltage. If voltage is still locked for this card and it can't be unlocked, then it'll probably still have unnecessarily limited overclocking capability.

[citation][nom]BigMack70[/nom]You know what I mean. Do I need to go back and edit all my posts to read "GK110 gaming card"?[/citation]
The point is, it was a "rumor" before. It turned out, they made it a workstation card and not a gaming card. Rumors are just speculation. They are often wrong.

[citation][nom]soldier2013[/nom]Wow I really want one and 60% faster than the 680. But dont want to pay more than a grand, just way too much for a card that will be outdated in less than a year. Even on the fence about $899 price range. But will see when the reviews hit if its going to be worth it. Disappointed the 700 series isnt launching until Fall now the last I heard.[/citation]

No, it won't be outdated in a year. Even cards such as the Radeon 5870 are still good cards for 1600x900 to 1080p in gaming and they're several years old. Chances are that Titan won't be beaten in single GPU performance by the next generation of cards unless a new Titan is released with them and even then, it'll still be an extremely high end card when it finally is beaten.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]BigMack70[/nom]You know what I mean. Do I need to go back and edit all my posts to read "GK110 gaming card"?[/citation]
No actually I didn't. I just thought it was an important distinction to make. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS