Report: Sony's PS4 Orbis Dev Kit Runs on Modified AMD A10

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

czerro

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2010
[citation][nom]yzfr1guy[/nom]R U Kidding me M.M.? Ram is dirt cheap. I welcome the PS4 as I loves me some Playstation gameplay, to h3ll with Microshaft RexBox![/citation]
16 GB of RAM is pointless. My PC has 16 as Newegg gave me a free set of 8GB sticks with my build order, but I was kinda like...what the heck am I possibly going to be doing that will make use of this?! It was the least useful freebie possible. Infact, I probably shouldn't have installed the free pair, and just kept them in case one of the other pair goes wonky. A 256GB SSD sounds great, but has to be part of the dev kit. That would easily account for half the cost of the system, and I don't see Sony spilling that much money in that department when a platter drive would perform as well. It would be cool if they had a dedicated 4GB SSD drive that housed the system itself and a 128-256GB platter drive for install base. I agree with anon poster above, there will probably be a cheap model without an optical drive priced at $299.

Status
Not open for further replies.