REPORT: Windows 8 Hits Milestone 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supertrek32

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
[citation][nom]kelemvor4[/nom]I bet the pierats are already running it...[/citation]
If it was leaked I'm sure we would have heard about it already.

extremepcs

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Bring back XP's ability to create a default user profile or we stick with XP. MS wonders why the education world has been slow to adopt Vista and 7.... this is one of the key reasons. When 10 random people share a single PC each day, they don't want the "out of box experience" when they log in (answer IE 8 questions, setup search provider, useless icons on the start menu and taskbar, etc...)

tonitelaoag

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
this is a clear example of driving consumers to spend again on there next os. stop spending your hard earned money on this, win7 will serve us for many many years to come just like winxp. this is good for newly purchase units. i hope i am not the only one not excited on its release.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I don't think Windows 8 is designed to replace Windows 7, maybe it's a "Lite" version of Windows 7 for mobile devices? It's much too soon to release a new OS.

Even though I would buy a copy ASAP..

tu_illegalamigo

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
[citation][nom]SpadeM[/nom]WinFS or it isn't worth the purchase...[/citation]

+∞ for that one. Truly though I wish for something wild like XFS or BeFS, hah!

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]If this is the new Microsoft OS, then it should be released about 2013-2014. I don't want to go 'to the cloud'. I am happy with any 2TB HDD and my 20 GB SSD. I can keep my own files.[/citation]
don't be hating the cloud, local files are great, but there are some files i want to be everywhere, just log onto any computer anywhere and get my files, no extra nothing because its built into windows.

dalta centauri

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2010
Hopefully they fine tune it and release it within 2012 with little problems or bugs. If it does end up being the OS for hand helds like tablets and netbooks then that's fine too. I just hope they don't make any mistakes releasing it so soon.

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I don't think Windows 8 is designed to replace Windows 7, maybe it's a "Lite" version of Windows 7 for mobile devices? It's much too soon to release a new OS.Even though I would buy a copy ASAP..[/citation]

It's called windows 8, not windows 7 new flavor light or something.

Seriously how can anyone think such a dumb thing about it?

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]extremepcs[/nom]Bring back XP's ability to create a default user profile or we stick with XP. MS wonders why the education world has been slow to adopt Vista and 7.... this is one of the key reasons. When 10 random people share a single PC each day, they don't want the "out of box experience" when they log in (answer IE 8 questions, setup search provider, useless icons on the start menu and taskbar, etc...)[/citation]

You need to learn how to administer your workstations sir. This can all be controlled via imaging, group policy, IEAK, etc.

mavroxur

Distinguished
[citation][nom]extremepcs[/nom]Bring back XP's ability to create a default user profile or we stick with XP. MS wonders why the education world has been slow to adopt Vista and 7.... this is one of the key reasons. When 10 random people share a single PC each day, they don't want the "out of box experience" when they log in (answer IE 8 questions, setup search provider, useless icons on the start menu and taskbar, etc...)[/citation]

Here in my world, the feature exists in Win 7.... do your homework. We use it all the time when making images.

nexus9113

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]i still use xp on my machine.3 os in quick succession?release, 1, but make it quality[/citation]

XP's lifespan was a fluke. A lifespan of 2-3 years for an OS is average. Prior to XP we were getting a new Windows OS at about that rate (ex: Win95, Win98, WinME, Win2000).

Vista was released in '06, 7 in '09, 8 possibly in '12. Seems about right.

[citation][nom]tonitelaoag[/nom]this is a clear example of driving consumers to spend again on there next os. stop spending your hard earned money on this, win7 will serve us for many many years to come just like winxp. this is good for newly purchase units. i hope i am not the only one not excited on its release.[/citation]

Research would have told you that this is absolutely an option. Money, being spread thin, and other educational priorities are more likely the reason for not adopting new technology in that environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS