repost: ink from other tanks appearing on y-tank output po..

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

repost - I didn't see the image in my previous post.

I just changed the BCI-6Y cartridge on my i-560 for the first time. I
noticed that the felt pad at the output port was almost black and the
dark color had migrated up into the cartridge (see attached image). Is
this normal? If not, what could cause it?

Ken,
This has happened in earlier (BJC) Canon products and indicated a bad head.I
have never seen or heard of this in the new series.
Call or email Canon and get this warrantied.

"Ken" <kandjh@comcastDOTnet> wrote in message
> repost - I didn't see the image in my previous post.
>
> I just changed the BCI-6Y cartridge on my i-560 for the first time. I
> noticed that the felt pad at the output port was almost black and the
> dark color had migrated up into the cartridge (see attached image). Is
> this normal? If not, what could cause it?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> still don't see the photo. Are images blocked in this NG?

Many servers block images on non-binary newsgroups. They are only
acceptable on binary groups. Put in a url to a web site instead.

Bob

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:49:27 -0400, Ken <kandjh@comcastDOTnet> wrote:

>repost - I didn't see the image in my previous post.
>
>I just changed the BCI-6Y cartridge on my i-560 for the first time. I
>noticed that the felt pad at the output port was almost black and the
>dark color had migrated up into the cartridge (see attached image). Is
>this normal? If not, what could cause it?

Here's a link to the photo:

http://img54.photobucket.com/albums/v164/sunstate/IMG_0001.jpg

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:55:33 GMT, "Michael Grey" <greyt@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Ken,
>This has happened in earlier (BJC) Canon products and indicated a bad head.I
>have never seen or heard of this in the new series.
>Call or email Canon and get this warrantied.
>
>"Ken" <kandjh@comcastDOTnet> wrote in message
>> repost - I didn't see the image in my previous post.
>>
>> I just changed the BCI-6Y cartridge on my i-560 for the first time. I
>> noticed that the felt pad at the output port was almost black and the
>> dark color had migrated up into the cartridge (see attached image). Is
>> this normal? If not, what could cause it?

Thanks for the suggestion, Mike. I called Canon and they are replacing
the printhead.

Ken