[SOLVED] Requirements for a GTX 1070

Nov 2, 2019
I have a GTX 1070 and want to buy a computer to use it in (rather than build my own).
What are the requirements that I need to look for when buying a computer compatible with this e.g amount of RAM, motherboard spec and PSU?

I think I need a 500W PSU and a motherboard with a 3.0 PCI connector, but I am not sure of the other requirements.

I also read somewhere that I need double the amount of RAM that my graphics card has - so would my computer need 16GB RAM?

Solution
What resolution and Hz will the monitor be? What type of games do you want to play?

CPU choice can be higher/lower depending on this. It is best to get 2x8gb RAM minimum these days as 8gb total can stutter. Any modern motherboard will support the gpu and you want a case that is big enough for the gpu. Finally and very important, you want a high quality 500w or greater psu. Never cheap out on psu especially on a gaming pc. Unfortunately a lot of pre-built pc’s come with crap psu’s as standard.

spicelol

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 12, 2019
I have a GTX 1070 and want to buy a computer to use it in (rather than build my own).
What are the requirements that I need to look for when buying a computer compatible with this e.g amount of RAM, motherboard spec and PSU?

I think I need a 500W PSU and a motherboard with a 3.0 PCI connector, but I am not sure of the other requirements.

I also read somewhere that I need double the amount of RAM that my graphics card has - so would my computer need 16GB RAM?
So am I right that you want to buy a pc without gpu so you can insert your own? That you currently have?

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

What resolution and Hz will the monitor be? What type of games do you want to play?

CPU choice can be higher/lower depending on this. It is best to get 2x8gb RAM minimum these days as 8gb total can stutter. Any modern motherboard will support the gpu and you want a case that is big enough for the gpu. Finally and very important, you want a high quality 500w or greater psu. Never cheap out on psu especially on a gaming pc. Unfortunately a lot of pre-built pc’s come with crap psu’s as standard.

Solution

spicelol

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 12, 2019
Well then I think iyou might need to buy a use pc because stores doesn't sell pcs without gpu only those that don't need gpu since they have IGPU (GPU that is integrated inside cpu) at least in my country

And I don't think that you need double ram that you gpu has

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk